BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created a post about PayPal to help educate members when buying and selling items.

Any advice about eBay for those less familiar with this popular site?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Anybody can return any eBay item for any reason and eBay will charge seller the return shipping and issue the buyer a complete refund.

Also no matter what the reason eBay ALWAYS backs the buyers in disputes

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I recently posted an item for sale and got a "best offer" which is lower than my asking price, nonetheless I'm good with the offer and want to accept it. I do have a few concerns as a seller on eBay who has never done this before even though I'm more familiar with PayPal.
My eBay is setup with PayPal already.
There's a note below the "Accept Offer" page which has me concerned:

**Note: Immediate payment is not offered with best offer at this time. If you accept this offer you will receive payment through other payment methods.**

Will I have to ship the item before I receive the payment or should I wait for the payment first? I know this would usually be a no-brainer, but the way eBay words the conditions sounds confusing. Does the seller have any kind of protection against the buyer?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I recently posted an item for sale and got a "best offer" which is lower than my asking price, nonetheless I'm good with the offer and want to accept it. I do have a few concerns as a seller on eBay who has never done this before even though I'm more familiar with PayPal.
My eBay is setup with PayPal already.
There's a note below the "Accept Offer" page which has me concerned:

**Note: Immediate payment is not offered with best offer at this time. If you accept this offer you will receive payment through other payment methods.**

Will I have to ship the item before I receive the payment or should I wait for the payment first? I know this would usually be a no-brainer, but the way eBay words the conditions sounds confusing. Does the seller have any kind of protection against the buyer?
If you accept the offer, the buyer will be notified and invoiced to pay for the item through PayPal. Never ship an item without receiving payment first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Will I have to ship the item before I receive the payment or should I wait for the payment first?
If you're ok with offer - accept it. Buyer will be charged for the what ever $$ amount you've accepted + shipping fees. After that you'll get a notification from ebay and will have 48 hours to ship the item. Btw you're not getting the money released to you immediately and will be paying for the shipping out of your pocket. Ebay\PayPal will hold the funds for around 30 days to make sure seller received the item and doesn't want to dispute\return it. After 30 days you'll get the money released to you by PayPal with Ebay\PayPal fees subtracted.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
So I've accepted the offer and awaiting payment. My item is packed and ready to be shipped.

- Should I ship it now and eBay/PayPal will reimburse me later? Or wait till payment is made before shipping?
- My "processing time" is 2 days, what will happen if the deadline passes and the buyer hasn't made a payment and I haven't shipped it out?
- If eBay holds back the funds for some 30 days, how will I know if the buyer has made the payment?

·
Super Moderator
6,419 Posts
Sounds like you're knee deep in it. Make sure that you use a shipping method that will get you a signature on delivery and keep a copy of the confirmation.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
lol chris, the item is being shipped via Canada Post, registered and insured as well as requiring signature. I always do my best to make sure the buyer gets the item in perfect condition and insure the shipment just to be on the safe side. I also take pictures of the item in the shipping packaging as proof that it left my hands being intact.

·
Super Moderator
6,419 Posts
I know, but the biggest scam right now is for the buyer to get a refund from the credit card company a month or two later. So make sure you keep copies of all the documents or you may have to take a road trip.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I already looked up the delivery address on Google and checked out the street view. Doesn't look like a great neighbourhood.. just in case i have to take a road trip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts