BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ve decided to switch from RS10’s to the Q4 for street railing and I’m loving them so far. Pretty spirited riding has me feeling pretty confident with them thus far. A bit of twitchiness powering out of the corners after they’re warm, but nothing that concerned me too much. Happy with the grip and height of the tire.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I spent my first good weekend at the track on Q4s. The 200/55 profile on the Q4 feels very different to me than the Supercorsa SP V2s that I have been using. One thing that I liked about the Supercorsa was that it facilitated tip in, which has always been just a little slow on the S1000RR. For me the Q4 is very slow on initial tip in, but hits a point and then drops in very quickly. I can't say that this is a bad thing, it is just different for me and it was taking me some time to adjust.

One thing that I am liking a lot about the Q4 so far is how so far it is spreading the wear evenly across the tire. Maybe it is my ham fisted throttle, but I found the Supercorsa rear to wear a little faster in that strip about 1/4 of the tire from the edge where I am usually riding when I really start to pick up the throttle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I run Dunlop slicks, but used to use the Q3s and they were amazing.

I rode with a friend that just got the Q4s a couple weekends ago and they look amazing. Basically the smallest amount of tread, and the sides of the tires are fully slick! like someone else said they look a lot like the P.supercorsa. She got her knee down for the first time first session on those tires.

These are a really good option for those looking for long tire life on the track or aren't quite fast enough to keep heat in slicks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ended up going with Q3+'s. I like to often commute and take my bike for longer trips (4-6 hour rides) and I can't take the risk on the lack of wet traction with the Q4's.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I ended up going with Q3+'s. I like to often commute and take my bike for longer trips (4-6 hour rides) and I can't take the risk on the lack of wet traction with the Q4's.

Yeah, for the street, it seems like metzler k3 is also one of the best options and performs well in many conditions.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts