BMW S1000RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

Banned
u think bmw will throw something into the mix 2019 to compete with the v4 ?
All indications are, yes. I'd say the current one does, it's just not as flashy and doesn't have such a fancy dash.

Registered
Damn, electronics are on a different level. They admit R1 electronics have been the best :wink2:

I鈥檝e just destroyed my RR. I鈥檓 seriously looking at one of these now or dare I say an R1M my mates selling :s what has happened to me.

I鈥檝e just destroyed my RR. I鈥檓 seriously looking at one of these now or dare I say an R1M my mates selling :s what has happened to me.
You made it sound like you were a euro bike purist haha. All three good options; 19 RR, V4 Duc, and R1m. It will all depend if it's mostly a street or track bike. Overall I'll take the R1m, just due to ease of maintenance.

Registered
You made it like you were a euro bike purist haha. All three good options; 19 RR, V4 Duc, and R1m. It will all depend if it's mostly a street or track bike. Overall I'll take the R1m, just due to ease of maintenance.
Well it鈥檚 a sorted R1M which is why I鈥檓 looking at it. I鈥檇 never buy a new one since they need a tune and a few bits to make them similar to how bmw releases the RRs. I鈥檒l get it pretty cheap as well.

Realistically I need a bike until the new bmw hits the shelf so I鈥檓 thinking it may be a good in between bike. I don鈥檛 see what anyone can do to catch Ducati if they鈥檝e smashed it with the v4. Unless they up the CC and down the weight my bike lives at the track a lot more then the street. Also looking at a new superduke but the suspension is terrible on them. I need more shed room for bikes :(

Well it鈥檚 a sorted R1M which is why I鈥檓 looking at it. I鈥檇 never buy a new one since they need a tune and a few bits to make them similar to how bmw releases the RRs. I鈥檒l get it pretty cheap as well.
Be sure that r1m is a 16+.

For mostly track, why not the new V4 Duc? Is it released in AU? Or are you set on new 19 RR?

Registered
Be sure that r1m is a 16+.

For mostly track, why not the new V4 Duc? Is it released in AU? Or are you set on new 19 RR?
Yea it鈥檚 a 16 R1. Ducati鈥檚 make me nervous they always seem to have something wrong with them and the owners put it down to the bike having soul or some ****.

I will say the 1299 has been a massive improvement for them but looking at how the V4 has been designed it鈥檚 a pretty complex motor and it鈥檚 a tightly packed bike. So if something goes wrong it鈥檚 going to be massively expensive.

I鈥檇 prefer the V4 but I鈥檇 have to wait until April to get my hands on one.

I鈥檓 taking the R1 for the day next week when I鈥檓 back from work so I鈥檒l see how I like it.

I鈥檇 still prefer to get something like a superduke but V Twins are pretty strange and need a completely different riding technique which I鈥檓 not really interested in learning it.

Premium Member
Yea it鈥檚 a 16 R1.

I鈥檇 still prefer to get something like a superduke but V Twins are pretty strange and need a completely different riding technique which I鈥檓 not really interested in learning it.
Depends on which twin. Most have usually not required the rider to keep the tachometer pegged in the upper third or fourth of it's face... Suzuki TL's and the KTM SuperDuke 1290 bikes. From everyone and everything I've read the 1199 and 1299 are better ridden in the upper end of their tachometer. I'm only referring to the quickest way around a race circuit.

Registered
I am hearing a lot of hype for the V4. I'm curious how it will fair out. There are some big claims in regards to power, as well as good talk of handling.
Appearance wise, it looks so bulbous. But I don't think the weight was that much more (if any) than the 1299.

Registered
Discussion Starter #77
just hope they addressed the heat issue - oh and the need to bleed your brakes every 10 miles or u won't have any issue : )

Premium Member
Would like to see them make a 750 V4 that's 20lbs lighter than the 1100.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts