BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not gonna lie, it looks and sounds pretty awesome. but wouldn't buy it for a main bike though...

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I'm interested in V4 duc as well. I was spoiled by BMW 3 year/36k miles warranty. Duc is only 2 year with unlimited miles.
I have had many more problems and recalls with my BMW bike and car than any Ducati I have owned. Thus, it is great BMW has a longer warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
On the basis I've hated every Panigale so far I shall borrow a friends one of these that he's preordered and get the bmw 7 months later.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Can't wait to get a second year version of the "S" model. Let someone else deal with all the first year production bugs..

feel the same - but...... while my bike was in for service, dealership gave me a new pani to take out ... after 5 mins couldn't wait to get my bike back

just hoping the v4 will be different

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had a couple of the previous gen Duc (1098S & 1198S) and it is very different kind of motorcycle. The V twin takes a completely different style of riding to have fun if you are always used to the 4 cylinders.

The bike handled really really well. I enjoyed riding it. The big issues (on the street): the heat radiating up your thighs (forget it if you are riding in stop & go traffic on a 85+ deg day) and the stupidly small gas tank range (85-90 miles if you are having fun).

All in all, I would love to have both the S1KRR & the Ducati and can't wait to have the V4

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had an 899 before my S1000rr and I could never get comfortable with that bike. I had a lot of ppl say it was because the rear shock and I should have upgraded to the 1199 version, but it just always felt like the geometry of that bike was off... maybe it was just me. Anyway, I'm excited to try out the V4 but I really would have no reason to switch for what I use my bike for, which is mostly commuting and street riding. I don't think Ducati will ever touch BMW's forgiving street manners.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
feel the same - never could get comfortable - but maybe in time

definitely would be a change if i decide to keep the Hp4 and purchase the V4 - switch them out every other week

·
4,758 Posts
Damn, electronics are on a different level. They admit R1 electronics have been the best :wink2:

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Damn, electronics are on a different level. They admit R1 electronics has been the best :wink2:

I've never been a V-twin guy, but I'd like to give one of these a ride. Still, as my bike is a STREETbike first, I can't see me ever buying one.

Also, it's cheating if you need an extra 200cc...... ;)

I'm eagerly awaiting the 2019 RR....

Reactions: hermz
41 - 60 of 132 Posts