BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So 208HP and 178kg? 208HP on a naked is wasted. They don't have the aero to do the speeds of a faired bike and traction control will just stifle it through the low-mid range. Its bad enough on a faired bike. All good for more HP but it's not really usable at all. Tyres can only transmit so much torque and hp to the wheels without electronic intervention. The general punter will always go for more HP and less weight. But in terms of speed. It's useless on the street. Especially with no aero.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So 208HP and 178kg? 208HP on a naked is wasted. They don't have the aero to do the speeds of a faired bike and traction control will just stifle it through the low-mid range. Its bad enough on a faired bike. All good for more HP but it's not really usable at all. Tyres can only transmit so much torque and hp to the wheels without electronic intervention. The general punter will always go for more HP and less weight. But in terms of speed. It's useless on the street. Especially with no aero.
All very true - Sometimes it is sufficient to say you have 208HP in a super sexy package.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not going to lie, i was looking forward to the release of this bike. But if the pricing wasn't so absurdly high, i'd probably jump ship to the streetfighter.

20.000 euros for a base model is just crazy money for any a naked bike.

I've had issues with my new R, but in the end, i'd still buy one after i've experienced it's capability's on the road as well on track.

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not going to lie, i was looking forward to the release of this bike. But if the pricing wasn't so absurdly high, i'd probably jump ship to the streetfighter.

I've had issues with my new R, but in the end, i'd still buy one after i've experienced it's capability's on the road as well on track.
I think value for money, the BMW beats it hands down. It certainly has that Ducati sex appeal factor like they always do but it carries that insane price tag which to me is never really justified.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Same here, I was really looking forward to it. It was gonna help me make my decision on which bike to add to the stable next but I was kind of disappointed. It still looks amazing but I wouldn't throw that much cash for it. Maybe a few years down the road, grab one for much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
Not a fan of the style. I rather have a Panigale V4S Corse. Or a Hypermotard SP! Those are my Ducati’s of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I actually put a refundable deposit down on a Streetfighter V4S in December. The dealership is getting two - One is going to be a demo. So I'm gonna take the demo for a ride, then make my final decision. It is an awesome looking bike - Can't wait to ride one.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts