BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at CoTA watching day three of DoubleR Fest, a Motorrad demo day. They were running M series cars too. Lots of Ducatis and s1000rrs. A couple of Superleggeras and M1000rrs

Sky Cloud Motor vehicle Building Automotive tire

Sky Cloud Building Urban design Fence

Registered
I think it would be really cool to do a BMW trackday, but from the sounds of it, it was really expensive. I think I'd probably just end up doing a CSS school on someone else's new 'RR.

Registered
I went, it was epic! Lots of time track time to yourself, it's not like a rush hour track day.
Actually, I enjoy having a decent pack on the track with me. When I find that group that pushes me a bit and makes me a bit quicker, it鈥檚 kinda fun. COTA by yourself would feel really strange to me and I love it there.

Registered
Actually, I enjoy having a decent pack on the track with me. When I find that group that pushes me a bit and makes me a bit quicker, it鈥檚 kinda fun. COTA by yourself would feel really strange to me and I love it there.
I've only ever had the 2 VERY informal track days, on a really small (but tough) kart track, and would love to do a larger track, with the more flowing turns I like. I guess I'd be sketched as you never know who is riding next to you, but I agree with you that having faster guys to watch and follow would be great too. I TOTALLY regret not doing the CSS classes the day after the MotoGP and AMA SBK races at Laguna back in the '80's when I went at least once a year. I'll kick myself forever for not doing them. My buddies at the time were always broke, and while I had the money, I didn't want to have to ride back alone the next day and do the class without them. They kept saying they'd do it with me the next year, but never did (they always spent the money on weed and meth - LOL) and I was dumb enough to buy into their excuses. Ah well, maybe one day I can before I get too old.

Registered
You know, I always tell people to ride however they get joy from two wheels and wherever they feel safe doing it. I鈥榲e had my racing days (years) and can鈥檛 always say I enjoyed the hustle or hassle of chasing points or fixing stuff every month, but I did enjoy dicing it up with friends for 8 laps. Now I enjoy teaching and watching folks have those aha moments and drive to get better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts