BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the same track and track layout where (BSB) superstock 1000 lap times are 1:30ish?
As far as I know BSB do both national and GP layouts. GP is the longest and yes this was it. They indeed do 1:30ish there.

·
Registered
907 Posts
You could easily drop at least 4-5 seconds from your lap time.

You should concentrate to three things:
What is your position (lateral position on track) at brake mark.
What is your position (lateral position on track) at turn in point.
What kind of driving line you have between turn-in-point and apex.

Good laptimes are made between brake mark and apex. So if you want good lap times, fix your line between brake mark and apex and good lap times will follow.

At the moment you are using "mid lane" when going in to the corners. And you are turning in too early, which leads to early apex. Those two errors are the most typical errors for a inexperienced driver.
"Mid lane" + too early apex = you loose 0.2-1.0 sec per corner.

So you should keep your bike on the outer edge of the track at brake mark and at turn in point.

And do not flip your bike to max lean angle at once. Trail brake. And while trail braking, increase lean angle. Keep your driving line roundish between brake mark and apex.

If you do not have brake marks, start using them. Otherwise it will take a very very very long time before you get consistency to your approach to corners.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Always dangerous to post a track video on this forum. You’ll get torn apart, albeit with a whole lot of love intended. :wink2::smile2:

Yeah, apexes are not your friend.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always dangerous to post a track video on this forum. You’ll get torn apart, albeit with a whole lot of love intended. :wink2::smile2:

Yeah, apexes are not your friend.
That's fine, I love learning and don't mind if someone experienced teach me. Not that Finnish go tho.

·
Registered
907 Posts
That's fine, I love learning and don't mind if someone experienced teach me. Not that Finnish go tho.
The problem is that you focus on hitting apex. And because you have wrong line before apex, you also have too early apex, and wrong line also on exit. And you can not fix wrong line on exit, or too early apex, unless you first fix your line on entry.

And if you want to compare the pace in my video, that would be about 1:36.5 in Donny.

As I said, you could easily drop at least 4-5 seconds from your lap time. Just change your priorities.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem is that you focus on hitting apex. And because you have wrong line before apex, you also have too early apex, and wrong line also on exit. And you can not fix wrong line on exit, or too early apex, unless you first fix your line on entry.

And if you want to compare the pace in my video, that would be about 1:36.5 in Donny.

As I said, you could easily drop at least 4-5 seconds from your lap time. Just change your priorities.
yeah agree I take apexes too early. working on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts