BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don’t know what an M chain looks like tbh, I’m new to bmw, if you have a pic of it I can let you know. The exhaust is def stock and will be swapped out soon.
You can read more about it and see pics here:

Long story short I recently crashed my S 1000 RR, totaled it, and just put a deposit down on a new 2021 model. I'm trying to figure out if the stock exhaust will be replaced by the Akrapovic exhaust, and if it will come with the new M chain. Before I knew that my 2020 model would be totaled by State Farm, I saw the parts list for items to be replaced, and the stock muffler was now being replaced with the Akrapovic exhaust, hence why I'm wondering what else is different. While you may have a 2021 model, it was probably actually manufactured at the beginning of this year or in the fall of last year.

The one that I ordered is actually being built and will not be available for 6 to 8 weeks, so besides being anxious, and having a broken wrist, I'm just trying to figure out what's different between the 2020 model in 2021.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Thank you, been enjoying every min since I got it. Taking her in to get the 600 mile service done on Friday, then throwing an exhaust on and sending the ECU out to Brentuning to get flashed.
You dont need to send the ECU out to Bren, you can Flash it at home with handheld.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You can read more about it and see pics here:

Long story short I recently crashed my S 1000 RR, totaled it, and just put a deposit down on a new 2021 model. I'm trying to figure out if the stock exhaust will be replaced by the Akrapovic exhaust, and if it will come with the new M chain. Before I knew that my 2020 model would be totaled by State Farm, I saw the parts list for items to be replaced, and the stock muffler was now being replaced with the Akrapovic exhaust, hence why I'm wondering what else is different. While you may have a 2021 model, it was probably actually manufactured at the beginning of this year or in the fall of last year.

The one that I ordered is actually being built and will not be available for 6 to 8 weeks, so besides being anxious, and having a broken wrist, I'm just trying to figure out what's different between the 2020 model in 2021.
Glad to hear you’re alive and healing, I don’t have that chain on my bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You dont need to send the ECU out to Bren, you can Flash it at home with handheld.
I’m aware, but it’s also double the cost so I honestly don’t mind sending it out and having the bike down for a few days to save some money.

·
Registered
2017 BMW s1000rr
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike!! You’ll love the difference a exhaust and Bren tune does! Be safe!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Come on man! You trucked it? I bought my 2020 hundreds of miles away and rode it home. When I bought my 2007 R1200S I road it 1,500 miles home from Green Bay in November!

·
Registered
45 Posts
non electronic shocks are on the new m due to race regs is what i saw on an episode of 44th, where they give a great review od the new M check it out.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I’m aware, but it’s also double the cost so I honestly don’t mind sending it out and having the bike down for a few days to save some money.
Thats fine and all but if you wanna flash back to stock for whatever reason you would have to send it back to Bren and then back again to go back to Flash.
Just not worth it in my book.
But anyway congrats on the rare Unicorn bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum and BMW bikes. Saw the M Package colors and instantly fell in love with the bike. Finding one in stock wasn’t easy, I’ve been calling and emailing dealers for almost 2 month and finally found one in Ohio, rented a cargo van and took a trip! Came home with a brand new 21 S1000RR M Package. Looking forward to enjoying her this summer! View attachment 216264
What a stunning bike . Enjoy and stay safe

·
Premium Member
2017 S1000RR
245 Posts
My 2021 R1250RT is expected to be at port on 06-June...then 2-3 weeks till at dealer.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts