BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and BMW bikes. Saw the M Package colors and instantly fell in love with the bike. Finding one in stock wasn’t easy, I’ve been calling and emailing dealers for almost 2 month and finally found one in Ohio, rented a cargo van and took a trip! Came home with a brand new 21 S1000RR M Package. Looking forward to enjoying her this summer!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s a great point. I have never seen that before. The black forks are the non electronic ones...
I do not have the electronic forks, mine isn’t optioned out, it’s just a base model with the M package. It was the only one I could find in stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do not have the electronic forks, mine isn’t optioned out, it’s just a base model with the M package. It was the only one I could find in stock.
No problems with that. Even the M1000rr ditched the electronic. I was just under the impression that every m package came with race and select packages as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you sure? I didn’t think you could get the m package on non M sport models. My initial thoughts were that they’ve started using different forks due to the leaking issues. The M1000RR has black forks too. Might it be that BMW is using the same forks on new M sport models? Now that we’re getting Nissin calipers to replace the Hayes, there may have been other changes to the newly produced bikes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No problems with that. Even the M1000rr ditched the electronic. I was just under the impression that every m package came with race and select packages as well.
I thought the same, you can imagine my expression when I drove 4hrs to pick up the bike and saw otherwise. 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you sure? I didn’t think you could get the m package on non M sport models. My initial thoughts were that they’ve started using different forks due to the leaking issues. The M1000RR has black forks too. Might it be that BMW is using the same forks on new M sport models? Now that we’re getting Nissin calipers to replace the Hayes, there may have been other changes to the newly produced bikes.
It’s what I got bro, my bike is a basic bish, I don’t even have heated grips or cruise control on it. 🥲 I just posted the MSRP sticker in the post.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It’s what I got bro, my bike is a basic bish, I don’t even have heated grips or cruise control on it. 🥲 I just posted the MSRP sticker in the post.
That’s the perfect track bike package. You don’t need any of that **** on the track. Just adds weight. I’m almost jealous.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you new bike come with the M Chain? I've heard that the 2021 models are coming with the M chain and an Akrapovic exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you new bike come with the M Chain? I've heard that the 2021 models are coming with the M chain and an Akrapovic exhaust.
I don’t know what an M chain looks like tbh, I’m new to bmw, if you have a pic of it I can let you know. The exhaust is def stock and will be swapped out soon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts