BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going over the bike and noticed an empty threaded hole next to the subframe attachment on the left side.

I don't recall if anything was bolted on there. Did I lose a part?

·
Vendor
3,164 Posts
My guess is that in initial development the DDC sensor was mounted there and at some point it changed to mounting on the plastic ABS / Battery tub. That was alot of work to undo whatever was there so they just left it.

Reactions: bennymx and stgatev

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
My guess is that in initial development the DDC sensor was mounted there and at some point it changed to mounting on the plastic ABS / Battery tub. That was alot of work to undo whatever was there so they just left it.
I can't see from the pic if it's threaded or not. But, I tend to agree that at one time they THOUGHT something would be bolted there, and then didn't use it, and so since that not a "metal safe" change for a cast part (i.e. they have to ADD metal to a mold rather than remove it), they left it. I'm betting it's a cored hole with draft that wasn't machined/threaded.

Reactions: stgatev

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Interesting. Could it be part of the SOS feature?
Petrolhead, do you have the SOS?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mine is blank, nothing screwed on there, just like the OP picture. What do you think it is then?

·
Vendor
3,164 Posts
Interesting. Could it be part of the SOS feature?
Petrolhead, do you have the SOS?

I found in the EURO fiche. It is part of SOS. Appears they changed the mounting method at some point too, but this is that sensor, and it is only in the Euro pics.

K67 (S 1000 RR) S 1000 RR 19 (0E21, 0E23) Acceleration sensor BMW Assist system
Intelligent emergency SOS call
X6ACA=Yes

Another angle of the sensor from the K1600

Reactions: EBR
1 - 12 of 12 Posts