BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a set of HP levers and rearsets for my 2016 S1000rr
Heres the link Does anyone have any experience with this seller?
Upon closer inspection his feedback seems a little fishy. I just received the levers today (rearsets come on Thursday). I'm concerned these might be very convincing knockoffs. First red flag was the PayPal invoice included a link to this website HERE (appears to be a machine shop out of china).

I'm only able to reference pictures online but the levers I received appear to have a slightly different shade of red on the adjuster dial (more pinkish) and the logos appear the be ever so slightly different sizes. Also the brake level dial is a little difficult to turn. Does anyone have a set of levers they know are genuine they could compare these to? Last thing I want is to install fake rear sets and have em break while riding. Maybe I'm just being paranoid? Thanks!!!
IMG_1615.jpg
IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1618.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, that seller has some good deals . I've wondered myself if it's all authentic

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seems the real deal to me. All parts have there own serial numbers by the looks of it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Some of these fakes are incredibly convincing.
Email the serial numbers to BMW if you're really concerned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe you could mail the pictures to Gilles tooling in Luxemburg. They will respond if they’re counterfeit.

·
5,088 Posts
Easy, scan with your phone the bar code, if it's legit it will be able to recognize its source.
Another way, the part number on the bottom of the lever, should match the part number included in the box.

They look legit, I would be surprised if they are fake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the input! I also reached out to Gilles and they said they believe them to be legit. So if anyone is looking for a good deal on HP parts check out that seller. Just received the rearsets today and got them installed smoothly. However, the toe peg on the rear brake lever won’t stay in place (regardless of the adjuster bolt tension) and I don’t want to risk stripping it. Has anyone had this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thanks everyone for the input! I also reached out to Gilles and they said they believe them to be legit. So if anyone is looking for a good deal on HP parts check out that seller. Just received the rearsets today and got them installed smoothly. However, the toe peg on the rear brake lever won’t stay in place (regardless of the adjuster bolt tension) and I don’t want to risk stripping it. Has anyone had this issue?
Did you install it with Loctite?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you install it with Loctite?
Yes, what ended up being the solution was to swap out the socket head bolt for a hexagon head and was able to get enough leverage from that to get it tight without stripping it. Worked out!

·
5,088 Posts
Loosen it completely, then ensure it's seated and torqued properly. May have to spin toe peg few times to see what I mean.

Reactions: wsivy557

·
Registered
9 Posts
i was wondering the same thing about that seller!!!! prices were to good to be true.... i feel a bit better now...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts