BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Weekly update… BMW says no update available, still waiting on fasteners and to check with dealer for more info. Dealer says no update from BMW and to check back in two weeks. At this point I’m considering withdrawing my deposit. Anyone interested in a good deal on a brand new arrow titanium evo low full system? I have my eye on a new r1 here locally.

· Registered
8 Posts
Weekly update… BMW says no update available, still waiting on fasteners and to check with dealer for more info. Dealer says no update from BMW and to check back in two weeks. At this point I’m considering withdrawing my deposit. Anyone interested in a good deal on a brand new arrow titanium evo low full system? I have my eye on a new r1 here locally.
I'll take it off your hand if the deal is good. I just sent you a pm.

· Premium Member
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
858 Posts
This is going to be a really dumb question, but it is late at night and I am sleepy. Can't you just go to a local hardware store, or maybe a Yamaha, Ducati dealer and get the screws there? I mean, how special are these screws?

· Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This is going to be a really dumb question, but it is late at night and I am sleepy. Can't you just go to a local hardware store, or maybe a Yamaha, Ducati dealer and get the screws there? I mean, how special are these screws?
You can actually ride the bike without any problem. They only called stop delivery because they had some covers leak oil onto the rear wheel. So its a safety issue. There are people riding their bikes no that are affected by this issue. As long as you watch for oil leaks. Its fine.

· Registered
7 Posts
not a dumb question at all, but my motorcycle is unfortunately at the vehicle processing center in the port of New York awaiting the updated screws before they will release it to the dealer for purchase here in Texas. I would absolutely replace them myself though if I had the bike in my possession.

· Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone heard of any news on this and know when they will lift the "stop delivery"?
I bought my S1000RR in late October and the dealer called me about a week ago asking me to bring the bike back in for this clutch cover issue. Apparently, they couldn't file the bike as 'sold' with BMW until it was completed. They said they had the new gasket and bolts in stock, and it only took about an hour for them to take care of it. And sure enough, despite already owning the bike for a month, the day after the work was completed I started receiving all the welcome e-mails from BMW Motorrad USA.

· Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone heard of any news on this and know when they will lift the "stop delivery"?
Try reaching out to your dealer or if they are no help, BMW North America. Mine was in the same situation as I mentioned earlier in the thread but got released to the dealer last week. Literally the day I spoke to the dealer and was told they were still waiting on fasteners, the bike left the port on a truck to the dealer.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts