BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,135 Posts
I ordered in May last year. Thought I was first in Canada, but supposedly I magically became third. Should have it in my hands in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I was given an estimate of 3 - 4 weeks, last Wednesday.

Reactions: Tried&True21

·
Vendor
2,835 Posts
Greatest post to make ! BINGO on delivery potential ...

Here is the story ...

IF your dealer can login the BMW Dealer network system and see their allocation of bike, they should see the exact VIN also of those bikes. If they have this information the bikes are now sitting in a warehouse in New Jersey.

So why are they just sitting? The warranty information packets for the USA were left out of the destination packages. Those packets are in route for installation at the warehouse.

The best guess is that they will ship out from New Jersey last week of May and into the first 2 weeks of June.

I got my VIN today now. Fully loaded M.... So maybe June 1 to 15.. You east coast guys always get it first, so my guess is you are going to be some popular people in the next 3 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very interesting info, BMW_388, thank you. I am looking for a fully optioned M, what do you recommend I do? I started calling other dealers in Canada and I have one out in Alberta that says he has one coming in August that he hasn't sold yet. Does any one know of a US dealer closer to Toronto that has one?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Speaking of "fully optioned"

Apparently the only options for the M is an alarm and the solo seat.

Is this correct?

==================================
Also, to contribute to this thread.
1st S1KRR-M ETA: 24May2019 (Ventura,CA)
2nd S1KRR-M ETA: 1Jul2019 (Ventura,CA) ($24K/OTD)

-------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The options are the tire pressure monitoring $310, alarm $315, dynamic package (cruise control) $1525. The M package is $4900 (only in white), red is available with a race package for $2100 (all features already included in the M).

·
Registered
226 Posts
The options are the tire pressure monitoring $310, alarm $315, dynamic package (cruise control) $1525. The M package is $4900 (only in white), red is available with a race package for $2100 (all features already included in the M).
On the BMW website, once you select the M Pack, the Select Package is automatically added and cannot be removed unless you remove the M Pack. The website adds all the "options" you mention above automatically once M Pack is selected (except the alarm).

So I think once you select the M Pack, the only other options on the website are alarm and solo seat.

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=200402&stc=1&d=1557926822

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
I believe I am going to make the 1st allocation from my dealer. Looks real good. Just waiting on VIN info and the ETA. Wow, I am super excited. It seems like a ton of people are going to get them at about the same time. Hopefully, this page explodes with photos of new bikes in 2-3 weeks. There will have to be a new thread started with new bikes. That would be a cool way to see the bike and also to put a picture to each owner.

·
Vendor
2,835 Posts
I believe I am going to make the 1st allocation from my dealer. Looks real good. Just waiting on VIN info and the ETA. Wow, I am super excited. It seems like a ton of people are going to get them at about the same time. Hopefully, this page explodes with photos of new bikes in 2-3 weeks. There will have to be a new thread started with new bikes. That would be a cool way to see the bike and also to put a picture to each owner.

anyone wants to PM me your VIN, i can run it in the system and tell you the build date and the exact VO/FA options.

Mine ///M optioned

Production Date 2019-04-11
M PACKAGE
M CARBON WHEELS
DDC
Ride Mode PRO
DYNAMIC PACKET
M SPORT SEAT
Pillion passenger Package
Heated Handlebar Grips
RDC
Cruise Control
M LIGHT WEIGHT BATTERY
LABEL BRAKE LIGHT ( Country specific Brake Light )
Control For Retailer Equipment

If you are curious lets look at the bike build BEFORE and AFTER also
One before
Production Date 2019-04-04
EXACT same as mine build options

One after
Production Date 2019-04-11
Exactly the same as mine too

The bad is the gap between April 4 and April 11... did they run out of parts? did they find a need to work on the assembly line process?

The rumor yesterday was that the Carbon Wheels are running out. The maker cannot supply enough for full run production process. In 2015 they ran out of forged wheels and stop the shipments for a short time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
After reading all of this I was at my dealer's today upset that I didn't get my VIN since I was #1 in line. Then they told me they have 2 M coming but at different times and they don't know which one is coming first and hence they can't get me the VIN otherwise I may not get the first one.... I'm ok with that ?

They will be here before we know it!

Dont know what I will do to mine first. Break in for sure. On an undisclosed road at undisclosed speed ??

That road 121 sounds like fun though! I wouldn't mind!

·
Vendor
2,835 Posts
Any updates from the US crowd?
I have an guessimate I can share.

The current shipment of 2020 S1000RR in New Jersey is approximately 189 .. I have researched the VIN dates of manufacture and kind of figured out what BMWAG did for this shipment.

They made several ( unknown number ) of Canada 2020 models up to April 2. Starting April 2 until April 15th they made USA versions. They are ///M with the exact same build options of the ones I checked ( which was about 30 bikes ). There is a ratio of about 1 Red 2020 per 10 ///M made.

Your VIN you would have got from the dealer if they indicated that the allocation currently sitting in New Jersey is between ( last 4 digits of VIN ) 7741 to 7930

With that information being hopefully 95% correct, you can request your VIN from your dealer you are working with and see if it falls between this range. Remember, this is USA optioned only that I can see on this range of VIN.

This number of only 189 there about 2020's is really a limited release to the USA considering the amount of BMW dealer there must be. Also the highest number of bikes I have heard from 6 dealers I talk to was 5. Some being all 5 are ///M and one was 4 ///M and one Red.

I guess we will see in 2-3 weeks how this all shakes out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have been told that my bike is in a warehouse in Nazareth PA and my dealer is located in PA. So excited!! The only question is who will be the first to get theirs and start a 2020 Photo Thread : )

1 - 20 of 318 Posts