BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellooo
Does anyone know how much decibel a full system akrapovic gp shorty produce on a 2020 s1000rr k67?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Yes 116Db
I had one on mine, it’s painfully loud.

I have sold the can and fitted a longer can.

Sounds ok on the standard system though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes 116Db
I had one on mine, it’s painfully loud.

I have sold the can and fitted a longer can.

Sounds ok on the standard system though.

agree. I have mine, and even with ear piece, it's still loud, thinking of getting rid of the header and stick with the shorty slip on, how much decibel does the longer can produce? with or without db killer?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I have a Pipe Werx long can, it made 98.3 DB at Mugello, without a baffle.

·
Vendor
2,856 Posts
I have switched to the GP can from the long can. The GP is really loud. Even worse to me is the fluttering it makes on corner entry when leaning to the right side. It makes the engine sound strange to me. I will put my long can back on after I get some dyno time on it next month.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have the GP short can. I agree with @BMW_388 it does produce a weird fluttering call most turbulence sound. I notice it at idle. When I have time I’m going to cut the mesh screen out. I have a feeling the air going through the mesh is making that noise. Once on the throttle I don’t notice it at all. Has a very nice growl to it.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I've got the Akra GP shorty with the stock system (cat and all). Beautiful sound. Can't imagine a full system with the shorty and living among other people without becoming an outcast. o_O

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the Akra GP shorty with the stock system (cat and all). Beautiful sound. Can't imagine a full system with the shorty and living among other people without becoming an outcast. o_O
agree. anyone know if there's a shorty exhaust that would fit into this header that would make much less noise? a reduce 10 db would be great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts