BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I’m trying to loosely organize a Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon meet up the week/weekend of July 17-23. I will be there for the week, but you could just do the weekend if that is what your schedule permits.

No special events planned yet, just a bunch of like minded riders hanging out, doing some rides, maybe a couple of group rides, some nice group pictures and generally chilling. I have 5 rooms on hold at the Deals Gap motorcycle “resort”

Who’s in?

www.dealsgap.com

Here is the dragon in case you are not familiar with the road. This is a 10 year old video from Killboy. Not me in the video. I’m too slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RRnut and BMW_388

·
Vendor
3,173 Posts
Keep it bumped about 30 days before your plan is in place. I missed the Dragon this last year and the K67 is begging to slay. I have been there on my GSXR's, 15 and 18.. need to get this 20 there.

Reactions: Fbto

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I put it on my calendar but don't save a room for me. I'll do my best to be there but it will depend on work.

I don't know when you were last down, but now they sometimes have motorcycle cops on the dragon (especially on weekends). I even saw one as far away as Hwy 68 well south of Tellico Plains. He turned on his lights as we passed one another, but he didn't pull me over - just a warning.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put it on my calendar but don't save a room for me. I'll do my best to be there but it will depend on work.

I don't know when you were last down, but now they sometimes have motorcycle cops on the dragon (especially on weekends). I even saw one as far away as Hwy 68 well south of Tellico Plains. He turned on his lights as we passed one another, but he didn't pull me over - just a warning.
Was down there three times last year. Been going there for over 20 years. Used to live in Knoxville for a while. Saw them here and there. But it’s all good. I don’t go fast

·
Registered
283 Posts
Was down there three times last year. Been going there for over 20 years. Used to live in Knoxville for a while. Saw them here and there. But it’s all good. I don’t go fast

Hey Fbto. Me and a group of guys from Southwestern Ontario (TO, Barrie, Sarnia, London) are going May 24th to 31st this year. We r meeting up with some guys from Ohio. Staying at Fontana Damn Area. My third year going now. Trip organizer has been going about as long as u. About 12 of us going. They recently repaved portions of the Foothills Parkway (highlight of my trip last year). Most of us belong to a group called OSR (Ontario Sports Riders) on FB. I could pm if u r interested in joining (now or in the future).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice run. Was that a Gixxer 1K lead?
Our lead riders were a 99Gixxer, 09 R1, Repsol Honda. Couple of S1Ks, good mix of different bikes and riders from Advanced to Slow. We plan on every year, sometimes twice (Mayish and Septemberish).

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Fbto. Me and a group of guys from Southwestern Ontario (TO, Barrie, Sarnia, London) are going May 24th to 31st this year. We r meeting up with some guys from Ohio. Staying at Fontana Damn Area. My third year going now. Trip organizer has been going about as long as u. About 12 of us going. They recently repaved portions of the Foothills Parkway (highlight of my trip last year). Most of us belong to a group called OSR (Ontario Sports Riders) on FB. I could pm if u r interested in joining (now or in the future).
Not sure if those dates will work for me, but you never know.

I might also sneak down Easter weekend.

The foothills has been extended by another almost 30 km! And it is amazing!! Goes all the way to Pegion Forge now.

Reactions: BMW_388

·
Vendor
3,173 Posts
I am going for sure this year. Our group goes the weekend of Barber Motorsports trackday with STT and that is usually August. I cannot wait to August to ride up some Dragon with this K67. There is a group from Canada I have rode with a couple years ago. Gixxergirl, Adrain, Jenny, Scott... some others I forgot the names. I will watch your post.

Reactions: RRnut and Fbto

·
Premium Member
594 Posts

Ah - an old hand. I hope I can make it. Been going there for some time, but not 20 years!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I am going for sure this year. Our group goes the weekend of Barber Motorsports trackday with STT and that is usually August. I cannot wait to August to ride up some Dragon with this K67. There is a group from Canada I have rode with a couple years ago. Gixxergirl, Adrain, Jenny, Scott... some others I forgot the names. I will watch your post.
Please let me know if you make it. Not sure I can get to Barber STT in August but if I do I'll come say hello to the TX crew.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep it bumped about 30 days before your plan is in place. I missed the Dragon this last year and the K67 is begging to slay. I have been there on my GSXR's, 15 and 18.. need to get this 20 there.
The K67 loves the dragon! I managed a 61 degree lean on the right side. Not so much on the left.

Reactions: RRnut and BMW_388

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Looks like I can be there during that time frame - exactly when will depend on how busy work is. Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like I can be there during that time frame - exactly when will depend on how busy work is. Looking forward to it.
Awesome!! Looking forward to some nice weather and lots of riding!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Please let me know if you make it. Not sure I can get to Barber STT in August but if I do I'll come say hello to the TX crew.
Hmmmm. Barber STT you say? That is gonna give me something to obsess about. I’m planning on CSS at Barber in May. Hope to hit the Dragon & meet some of you fine folks & will keep you posted. Thanks again for a great forum!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Hmmmm. Barber STT you say? That is gonna give me something to obsess about. I’m planning on CSS at Barber in May. Hope to hit the Dragon & meet some of you fine folks & will keep you posted. Thanks again for a great forum!
I'm doing 2 days at NCM and then their 2 day camp at Barber in May. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The K67 loves the dragon! I managed a 61 degree lean on the right side. Not so much on the left.

I'm doing 2 days at NCM and then their 2 day camp at Barber in May. Hope to see you there.
Man that would be awesome! I've heard great things about NCM and hope to get there some day soon. I'm planning on doing levels 3 & 4 at the two day camp (if i can get my vacation approved in the coming weeks). I did 1&2 last year. Kinda excited to see the new surface at Barber. Hope to see you there!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fbto - still going to make it July 17-23?
Nope, cancelled three gap trips. The border is still closed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts