BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My contact at the local dealer just emailed me to say they have a new S1000RR arriving in a few days/weeks. It matches the description of what I am looking for. 2nd gen, red white blue, M package.

I am making this post because I didn't know how much bikes with the M package normally run. I've seen new S1000RRs go for $20,000. The MSRP on this one is $17,000, but with all the extras comes out to $25,600. That's $10,000 extra for some carbon parts and M Logo embroidered! Of all the extra stuff they are throwing on I really just want the Dynamic Pro package and carbon fiber wheels.

Font Parallel Number Paper Document
Dea

·
Registered
22 S1000RR M
58 Posts
Yeah that's about what I paid for the same bike (out the door with tax/tag/title) but that's also in Hawaii where things often cost more...I don't have the carbon package though- just the wheels.

Reactions: Cutter

·
Vendor
4,856 Posts
These dealers / manufactures can write the smoke and mirrors anyway they want to.

N/C is not NO CHARGE no matter how you look at it.

The current M Package 18D is the add on and includes the items listed. Those are features that were not even in the 2020 ( 2019 when I actually got mine ) K67. It was still $23000 OTD.

If you manage to even get that listed bike at the $25,675 you are doing well in todays fight for product out there. Someone will for sure pay that. Just the question of if it is you. If you know the dealer well enough, you might get $1000 off.. but good luck on that.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
774 Posts
Not sure what is your question or are you just venting? If the price listed is the BMW msrp, and there is no "extra" (gauging) charge from the dealer, then you have to make a decision.

·
Vendor
4,856 Posts
Is this standard pricing for these extras?
You are actually cheaper than what one of my TEXAS friends paid for his. His was the same options on a 2022 with the Endurance Akrapovic add on too, so his MSRP was $27K

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is this standard pricing for these extras?
To find out, you can go to the BMW Motorrad web site and price out a bike with the same options as listed in the original post. There might be a little difference in price (you might be pricing a 2023). But if the dealer is gauging you, I would expect a big price differential. Something like $1000 above the msrp, if not more.

I did a quick Build Your Own for the 2022 RR (as close as I could get in 1 minute or less), it came out to $25,900.00. This price includes the M battery, which is a $225 charge (in your post it is deleted).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trying to figure out if I were to decide to sell the $25,000 RR one day, how hard it would be to sell. Do people on Craigslist typically show up with $20,000 ready to buy? I don’t think so. I think my best option would be to consign at a dealer if I were to ever decide to sell such a high-priced superbike.

I want to put an Austin Racing full system on, I wonder if I can include the install into the amount financed

·
Registered
774 Posts
I am trying to figure out if I were to decide to sell the $25,000 RR one day, how hard it would be to sell. Do people on Craigslist typically show up with $20,000 ready to buy? I don’t think so. I think my best option would be to consign at a dealer if I were to ever decide to sell such a high-priced superbike.

I want to out an Austin Racing full system on, I wonder if I can include the install into the amount financed
If you are concerned about resell value, go to the cycle trader web site. It will give you an idea of what to expect.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Make sure they are used, and not being sold from a dealer. In other words, is it a dealer sale or a private sale?
They are seemingly private sales, the bikes have 300-700mi on them

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I’m on the phone with the dealer now… I can make a down payment on the bike to secure it. I have a gentleman from Craigslist coming Saturday to look at the S1000XR I am selling. I am considering trading it for the RR if he doesn’t purchase.
Tell them to make you a reasonable offer on your trade and you got a deal same or next day. Leave a deposit now, go to the dealer with your bike and work on a trade in you can live with, save on the difference in tax and ride home on the neutered motorsport.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I’m on the phone with the dealer now… I can make a down payment on the bike to secure it. I have a gentleman from Craigslist coming Saturday to look at the S1000XR I am selling. I am considering trading it for the RR if he doesn’t purchase.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
108 Posts
OP, sure seems like a bargain compared to Australia.

Our base M sport USD$24.15k, Clubsport USD$27.6k out the door.

I'll second what @BMW_388 said. Vehicle dealers (no matter car or bike) can write "no cost" for whatever they like. End result drive/ride away price is what really matters.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts