BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
All the servos have been removed
Air intake valve has been replaced but still have been getting the same fault code.
Yes I'll take a video of what's happening when I try starting the bike . But I can tell you that there is nothing different on the dashboard or any hint of abnormality. I just pulled out the starter motor because you asked if its jammed? That didn't make a difference. Just wondering... can you turn the gear on the starter normally when its disconnected? Because mine wasn't spinable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
DME fault codes (6)
10314 : Balance-pipe valve servomotor currently present
10124 : Intake Air Temperature Sensor faulty currently present
10154 : Injector valve 5 currently not present
10233 : Starter Relay driver currently not present
10611 : Lean-Angle Sensor currently not present
10156 : Injector valve 7 currently not present

ABS fault codes (3)
59702 : No CAN message from DME (Vehicle Mode) currently not present
59701 : No CAN message (from DME) currently not present
25533 : Electrical system undervoltage currently not present

KOMBI fault codes (10)
37773 : CAN-bus error: No communication with ANY of the other control units (CAN bus Off) currently not present
37775 : CAN bus timeout: No communication with the ABS control unit currently not present
37776 : CAN-bus timeout: missing Vehicle Speed signal currently not present
37779 : CAN bus timeout: No communication with the Engine (BMS-K) control unit (ASC) currently not present
37780 : CAN bus timeout: No communication with the Engine (BMS-K) control unit currently not present
37782 : CAN bus timeout: No communication with the Engine (BMS-K) control unit (Driving Mode) currently not present
37784 : Discrepancy in values of total mileage (>100km) between BMS-KP and KOMBI (instrument cluster) currently present
37794 : Park light open circuit currently present
37802 : Fuel level sensor currently present

Can you please take a video showing the dash when you turn the key on and then press the starter button and try to start it. Then clear the fault codes on the GS911 and try to start the bike again. Then check fault codes to see what comes back.
Won't it be easier if we can talk on the phone?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Okay. I hooked up a new starter motor and it was the problem. But now the starter motor is seems like it's spinning in the wrong direction. Is that possible? ? The starter motor is from a 2016 s1000rr. But the part numbers are the exact same ones that are on my 2012. So the gear is not engaging. So the engine is not turning over. The starter motor is just spinning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I did. Everything is exactly the way it is in the schematic pic. It seems like the starter is spinning in the wrong direction. Its spinning the inner gear counterclockwise, to engage it needs to be clockwise. Correct? Is it possible that a 2016 starter spins in the opposite direction?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Its working. I wired the stater backwards. That's why it was spinning in the worng direction. So I have a new voltage regulator and stater generator to go along with the new starter motor. Thank you for all the great help and wisdom. Should be hearing from me again when I get my 2020 BMW s1000rr. If you don't here from me that means I bought a 2020 Honda fireblade.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts