BMW S1000RR Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,788 Posts
Here is a video describing where the wire is. You can actually see where the wire rubbed.

https://youtu.be/4tqCjL9YaXE

Keep in mind I'm not a video producer and this was shot on my phone.

Someone let @chopt know this is here. I promised to post this a while ago and didn't get around to it.

I don't know how the 2015 model are set up.

Also I don't know if it's a resistor. It's some electrical part.

7,509 Posts
I don't know how the 2015 model are set up.
When I replaced wires in servomotor, I saw the wire you pointed out in the video, it's next to servomotor on left side. Like servomotor wires it goes from the under the frame.

Maybe it's different on 2015? Wire sets pretty tight in there, BMW has a special clip mount for the wire. I'm guessing if the wire is off the clip and there is a lot of suspension travel, wire could get damaged. It's a pain to get to, because servomotor needs to be removed to see the wire and its mounting clip.

· Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Thanks SRO for linking me to your video. As you requested here’s what I found.

Reading this entire thread I see there’s been a few bikes that had sensors replaced due to the DDC FAULT. My guess for the cause of those sensor’s going bad would be that IF the sensor wire rubbed enough to make contact with the GROUNDED frame. That would have shorted/grounded it and be the culprit. I hope on those bikes the problem causing the sensor to go bad was fixed, not only replacing the faulty part.
From what I see on my 13’ HP4, the wire in question is the shock’s DDC sensor wire that is routed behind the voltage regulator “mount” across to the right side (the cloth wrapped wire you see behind the frame on the right side above the rear brake lever) that runs up to the main harness which runs to the ECU. As I’ve seen already suggested, IF it doesn’t have enough slack it could chaff on its routing mount rubbing enough to cause it to ground. Fortunately with 6500 miles on my bike and no prob’s that wire has room to move around thankfully not causing any trouble.

· Registered
6 Posts
Olá
Meu nome é Ricardo e tenho um s1000rr de 2017.
Eu comprei há 2 semanas e o DDC! Erro apareceu.
O vídeo do cabo que a SRO postou não está funcionando / iniciar. Preciso corrigir esse erro, ver se meu cabo está bom ou não, mas não sei onde está o cabo ou o sensor.
Obrigado pela ajuda

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.