BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
can someone take a pic of the wire, plus the bike backed away and put an arrow around where it is?

what color is the wire ...

just wondering if i can tape it or move it now prior to it happening...

i am just wonder if it looks locks up during a turn if something bad would happen specially since i never have had this happen and i'm not sure how it would feel or how i would react.

· Super Moderator
9,788 Posts
If you shine a flashlight between the case and the frame, above the rear brake, you should be able to see the wire. It is a slim gap but the wire is visible.

For the record, I'm just going off what the tech is telling me. This is the second case he has seen. Not an electrical engineer so I don't know if such interference can happen. I can report no more lights since the tech loosened the wire. He also offered to wrap the wire better next time it's in for service. He did notify BMW and expects a service bulletin.

I'll see of I can get pictures later.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

· Premium Member
3,413 Posts
I had this warming come on today. Hard suspension while on. I tried recycling, but it didn't go off. Took it straight to the dealer, and of course the warning went away. The tech said this is the third case. Said to keep an eye on what rpm I am at and see if the higher rpm makes it go away. After leaving the dealership it was fine for a few hours. And on my way hope it briefly came on for a couple of seconds then went off.

He said in the previous case he had to replace the shocks on the bike.

Let's see if it happens again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
42 Posts
I've got about 2000 miles on my bike, and got the warning light yesterday for the first time after riding through a light rain. Light would come on when I slowed to below approx 20mph and would stay on when bike was stopped. Light would then go off when I started riding again. I've got a 300 mile ride home tomorrow...sure hope the suspension is working:eek:

· Premium Member
3,413 Posts
I've got about 2000 miles on my bike, and got the warning light yesterday for the first time after riding through a light rain. Light would come on when I slowed to below approx 20mph and would stay on when bike was stopped. Light would then go off when I started riding again. I've got a 300 mile ride home tomorrow...sure hope the suspension is working:eek:

BMW replaced a sensor on my bike and it was all good after that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
225 Posts

This is exactly what happened to me. I noticed that one of the startup noises - I guess the DDC startup noise - was repeated. Go to the dealer for a check up and good luck.

· Registered
42 Posts
I finally got around to bringing my bike into the dealer so that they could try to figure-out what the problem is with my DDC. They had the bike for a week, but could not figure-out what is going on. They are opening up a case with BMW.

I'd be really upset...except my Superleggera was delivered today...so I'm appropriately distracted:)

· Registered
91 Posts
I had this happen yesterday. I was leaving work and it was a little damp. I brodied out of the parking lot. The Tc kicked in and then started having issue with the DDC coming on at slower speeds. I drove for a while and the DDC was locked. Really rough ride. It reset with the ignition sitting off for a few minutes and did not come on the rest of the way home.

On cars with TC and height sensors (Land Rovers) we used to occasionally ping the height sensors when smacking rocks. just recycled the ignition to clear the fault and it would be fine. Hoping that is all I did to mine since I was just being stooped and playing around.

I will see if it happens again. I am going to move the harness just to try and eliminate that from the equation.

· Registered
42 Posts
Well after my bike spent two one week stints at the dealer and countless hours of diagnostics...they fixed the problem. Apparently there was a wire rubbing behind the rear shock. Glad to have the problem fixed.

· Registered
42 Posts
It's the rear shock travel sensor wire. See some of my posts above.
Yep...that was it. You would think that BMW would have had the dealer look at that first...but for some reason they wanted my dealer to test a bunch of other things first:confused:

· Registered
898 Posts
THis post makes me love my Top of the line Ohlins more every day.

· Registered
706 Posts
..mine came on briefly during my last Sunday ride and vanished,Monday morning as i turned the key on there it was again,staying on this time.I checked every easy to reach relevant connectors and wires,cleaned wheel sensors etc.funny enough l realized the dtc + and - adjustment in slick mode will not budge,then i hear ticking noise from the relay box,as the speedo reads --- and numbers alternately.Then l decided to start the engine and take a short ride...suddenly everything corrects and !DDC warning goes off.The day after as l turned on ignition warning is back with the engine electronics warning light as well.GS 911 is giving me fault codes 10220(no communication with ABS control unit),10221(CAN-bus message:ABS-Modus),10222(no description)....I am thinking the rear ABS wheel sensor may have malfunctioned.https://

· Registered
91 Posts
No names to protect the innocent but my bike has been at the dealer for 3 months for this DDC fault. I went in and said I have been seeing a lot of harness problems with them showing up on the internet (I.E. Here). 2 weeks later and after replacing the rear height sensor and programming when they were ordering a computer for the bike I asked if they had checked the harness? They basically lied and said yes. They replace the computer and that does not fix it. 3 weeks later they tell me Bmw wants them to check the harness. They end up moving the wires like has been said on here and it works for 1 day. Back to the dealer and three weeks later they end up running an overlay harness to rear height sensor. I cannot explain in words other than to cuss A LOT, how let down I am by BMW and the dealership. I manage auto shops and dealer service departments so it makes me even more upset since I understand where the failure in their processes are.

My bike went to the dealership on Sept 13th and it is now Dec 3rd and it is done. Almost 12 weeks.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.