BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else gotten one of these? A triangle with an exclamation point illuminated on my dash, along with the warning "!DDC". It is intermittent but throughout the duration of my ride.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't got this warning but if I did I would first read page 114 in the manual, then move to the perimeter adjustment section pages 92-95. There is A LOT to manage in these babies!
I haven't messed with the factory settings. I'm not sure just riding the bike as-is should cause any type of DDC malfunction. I suppose I could try and adjust the suspension.

Check the Rear Rod on shock assy.
That was the first thing I checked. It was attached. It always has been since I had the bike, too.

· Registered
98 Posts
If your riding it a bit on the hard side that would be you ABS and DDC working in conjunction.
It's normal in that state.. or if your riding on a pitted road that will also cause the DDC to kick in.
Have you set any of your DDC settings? What kind of a ride was this and how were the roads?

Start by going in to the menu settings. Scroll till you see "DDC CAL" select it by a long press on the SET. (Down) Make sure your sitting on the bike.. 2 wheels on the ground only.
You will see it calibrating the a "check mark " shows its complete. (takes 2-3 seconds).
Try it then.. if it still shows up go back to settings and adjust the DDC Rear +5 and the front +5.
start at those settings and start going down from there till you find the comfort zone where the bike feels good for you.

Here is a sheet I use at the track might help even on the road just to keep track..

Attachments

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'm just going to swing by the dealer today in about two hours. I'll keep you all posted.

Update: Their MOSS system subscription expired two days ago over the holiday and they need to renew it. I'll have to make another trip back. However, they did confirm that it is a trouble code for the DDC.

· Registered
326 Posts
yellow triangle and (! ddc) on the lcd display
we are racing the hp4 but we are not using the stock suspension
the bike still runs o.k. as long as we leave the black box for the suspension plugged in, if we unplug it the bike still runs but you cant adjust the TC up and down

we tested the ddc suspension on the track along with our 2011 race bike and the ddc is ok it is limited with adjustment and is not as sharp as race suspension, i am sure though it will get better as they improve the system, but for now we will use a well set up race suspension

· Registered
98 Posts
yellow triangle and (! ddc) on the lcd display
we are racing the hp4 but we are not using the stock suspension
the bike still runs o.k. as long as we leave the black box for the suspension plugged in, if we unplug it the bike still runs but you cant adjust the TC up and down

we tested the ddc suspension on the track along with our 2011 race bike and the ddc is ok it is limited with adjustment and is not as sharp as race suspension, i am sure though it will get better as they improve the system, but for now we will use a well set up race suspension

I'm sorry must of misunderstood .. !DDC on LCD.. I thought only flashing orange on left upper corner

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was able to stop by the dealer yesterday after they called me this past Saturday to inform me their MOSS was back up. When they looked at it, they said they are going to need to order a new sensor. There were two codes coming up; one for the actual handlebar switch and the other for the sensor. I'm not sure if they're ordering both parts or just the sensor. In any case, I'll keep this thread updated.

· Registered
326 Posts
I was able to stop by the dealer yesterday after they called me this past Saturday to inform me their MOSS was back up. When they looked at it, they said they are going to need to order a new sensor. There were two codes coming up; one for the actual handlebar switch and the other for the sensor. I'm not sure if they're ordering both parts or just the sensor. In any case, I'll keep this thread updated.
i had a problem with mine also, it totally locked out the suspension, not very confidence inspiring, we are swapping out the ddc on our racebike anyway so it wont affect us but there may be some teething problems with the new system, i am sure they will sort it quick if that is the case

· Registered
5 Posts
After only 150 miles on my HP4 the light and !DDC message came on - the suspension is rock hard and makes it very difficult to ride. Mine seems to go out at 45 mph+ but you can still tell the suspension is hard. I know of another HP4 that has the same problem.

Has anyone had this fixed yet?

· Registered
10 Posts
Had the !DDC error come on today. Suspension was stiff like a board. After riding a couple miles I parked a met with someone. When I restarted the bike everything seemed normal. Anyone have anymore info on this issue?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.