BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone!

I am having an issue with the DDC on my bmw s1000rr 2016.

Last Saturday while I was riding I started seeing on intermittent basis the yellow light error symbol on the dash and the code “DDC!” displayed.
Does this happen to anyone before?

So far, when I can say is that:
-Same it is showed on flashing/intermittent basis and independently of the speed (at low or high speed seems the same)
-I have done the CALIB of the DDC without errors (I started that bike, leave it on side stand, selected the option “CALIB” is then it showed “DONE”
-I take out two led lights (no can bus) I have previously installed as a running lights, in order to avoid any possible CAN BUS error. Then I select the option “LAMP WARNING OFF” so I did not see the light error for this anymore
-I have disconnected the (+) of the battery for 30 minutes in order to reset the ECU.

As a guidance, pls find a quick video I have made with the bike at home.
You will see the error I mentioned on second 5, 6, 18, 24, 26.

Any toughts?

Thanks in advance for your help and collaboration!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jermc!
Thanks for your input.

Actually i checked the battery connections when doing the ecu reset.
The cables (both +/-) appear to be ok and tigh.

The only exception I found was some rust on the negative one
See the picture

But appart from the “look” seems to work normally.
I do not know if this could have any relation with this issue

Attachments

· Premium Member
367 Posts
Hi Jermc!
Thanks for your input.

Actually i checked the battery connections when doing the ecu reset.
The cables (both +/-) appear to be ok and tigh.

The only exception I found was some rust on the negative one
See the picture

But appart from the “look” seems to work normally.
I do not know if this could have any relation with this issue
Could you take that negative cable off and take a picture, it kind of looks like the terminal is all crushed.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi there!

yes, the negative seems not to be in good condition. corroed and the battery terminal has crushed a bit when and tried to disconnect the connector from it.

however, the bike always starts OK and performed well (except for this issue on the dash about the DDC that started some days ago)

do you think that this issue with ddc would be possible due to the negative terminal?

· Premium Member
367 Posts
Before we even saw the battery terminal we thought it was the battery terminal. Yes, replace it. Bad battery connections, ie loose, corroded, or cracked or damaged terminals cause all kinds of electrical gremlins with these bikes.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to give an update here.

1- I checked the battery (with the tester) and all was OK and in good order.
So I took the battery out of the bike and cleaned the negative terminal

2- I took out the 2 (two) led bulbs 5w5 fron the front lights. I suspected that could be an issue with the can bus system, since those were not of the "best" quality"

3- Leave the bike without the battery for some hours in order to reset the ECU.

4- Tried to CALIB with the bike OFF, but Calib failed.
Then I turn it on, and tried again. The bike first failed, but at the 3rd try it showed "DONE"

So far no warning lights on the dash and all seems to be working properly.
If any news I will let u you know.

Thanks all for the help here!!!

· Registered
1,398 Posts
had the DDC! show up this morning on my '16 as I popped into work, when I got home I pulled the seat and lo and behold the -ve connector was just a little bit loose, sprayed some contact cleaner, tightened it up and no more problems! I should have known as the angle sensor displays would disappear occasionally over the past 2 weeks.

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
it actually reads DDC! on the screen. No clue why i mixed that up in my head. There is also a DDC connector on the left side of the radiator tank area for the front left DDC tube. You looked at the rear shock one under the seat.

· Registered
6 Posts
[QUOTE = "bennymx, postagem: 2409997, membro: 58185"]
[USER = 120606] @RicReis [/ USER] O DDC foi removido da bicicleta? Ohlins cabido?
[/CITAR]
eu acho que não.
Quando comprei moto a luz já estava acesa mas o dono anterior me disse que talvez fosse a luz de controle de tração, então ele perguntou a seu mecânico e o mecânico diz que talvez a moto estivesse muito sem correr.
Então cheguei em casa, giro uns 300 klm e paro um pouco em um amigo para mostrar a moto e a luz se apaga. Ontem saio para uma viagem rápida e no final acendo novamente a luz então no caminho para a minha casa, em movimento, simplesmente desligo e ligo a bicicleta com a chave e a luz apaga. Chego em casa, desligo a bicicleta e ligo novamente e a luz acende novamente.
Sorry for my bad English.

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
he is saying that the DDC error is happening when he is moving the bike around. Seems it has occurred about 3 times from his story above. Could have a bad wire in the neck area if it has ever been in a wreck. Bad connector being affected by heat.

· Registered
6 Posts
[QUOTE = "BMW_388, postagem: 2409999, membro: 62545"]
ele está dizendo que o erro DDC está acontecendo quando ele está movendo a moto. Parece que ocorreu cerca de 3 vezes com a história acima. Pode ter um fio ruim na área do pescoço, se alguma vez esteve em um naufrágio. Conector ruim sendo afetado pelo calor.
[/ CITAR]

The light is already on with the bike stop.
The thing that i said about moving the bike and turn off and on with the key was my idea to see if the error goes away. But every time that light turn in was with the bike stopped.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.