BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and read thru the forum, but still couldn’t find the final resolution to the question if there is a way to remove the DDC error from the dash so you can see the temperature without spending the $350 for the DDC card module from Alpha. Just had my ECU flashed with RCK2 and DDC removed/disabled in the ECU. 2014 HP4.
Thanks

·
Vendor
2,312 Posts
I searched and read thru the forum, but still couldn’t find the final resolution to the question if there is a way to remove the DDC error from the dash so you can see the temperature without spending the $350 for the DDC card module from Alpha. Just had my ECU flashed with RCK2 and DDC removed/disabled in the ECU. 2014 HP4.
Thanks
There is not a solution for ! DDC on the HP4.

The HP4 is K42. The 10-19 are K46. BMW changed the protocols on the between the 2 platforms. That is why the DDC delete module does not work on the K46 15-19 that Alpha sells. It does work on the K42 HP4 however.

I can remove DDC completely from K46 15-19, I just cannot remove it from the cluster on the K42. The cluster is the issue. The code is turned off inside the ECU with RCK2/HP power kit via the setup of the software interface laptop to bike. It just does not turn off the code in the cluster.

I have tried resistors on the input to the ECU. That ohms on the fork and rear shock are 2.3 ohms. The problem appears there is some solenoid interaction with the ECU as well so the software knows the shock is present or not.

The alpha module replaces the ESA box and this simulates the rear shock and front fork to the ECU. It also is a pass thur device for the CAN BUS to operate correctly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
There is not a solution for ! DDC on the HP4.

The HP4 is K42. The 10-19 are K46. BMW changed the protocols on the between the 2 platforms. That is why the DDC delete module does not work on the K46 15-19 that Alpha sells. It does work on the K42 HP4 however.

I can remove DDC completely from K46 15-19, I just cannot remove it from the cluster on the K42. The cluster is the issue. The code is turned off inside the ECU with RCK2/HP power kit via the setup of the software interface laptop to bike. It just does not turn off the code in the cluster.

I have tried resistors on the input to the ECU. That ohms on the fork and rear shock are 2.3 ohms. The problem appears there is some solenoid interaction with the ECU as well so the software knows the shock is present or not.

The alpha module replaces the ESA box and this simulates the rear shock and front fork to the ECU. It also is a pass thur device for the CAN BUS to operate correctly.
Thank you sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts