BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Fix this first, otherwise it does not matter what else you do. If you can not fix this, you will not have any chance to get your pieces together.

If your brake mark is random, everything else will be random after that: Speed, transition from throttle to brake, max brake, brake duration, driving line while braking, tip in, lean angle, apex, apex speed, exit, throttle, exit speed.

Causation is the real enemy.

Use ass-cam-video/ usually rider is lying/ video or data does not lie.
I have some markers but I do not think about them, I will work on this.

I will get video to show body moving over before braking.

This is just pure guess/ I dont have ABS/ I dont have any experience about ABS settings.
Check ABS Mode for vehicle mode 4 in RCK settings.
It might be that only ABS-functionality is OFF, but all other brake functionality is still ON, and if you have "ABS series sport" setting selected for Mode 4, it might explain the combined braking.
I think this is right, still linked brakes even with abs off. I will try user mode to see if that will disable. Would you recommend removing linked brakes? I think it is making the rear squirm under braking.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I think this is right, still linked brakes even with abs off. I will try user mode to see if that will disable. Would you recommend removing linked brakes? I think it is making the rear squirm under braking.
Do yo have RCK enabled ecu? Or stock ecu?

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Well, good luck with that s**t. :D
in rider manual under USER MODE explanation it gives the following

this makes me think that using USER MODE instead of SLICK MODE will allow dashboard menu change for ABS OFF which is different than left grip long button press ABS OFF

good thing that the datalogger will show very clear if the rear brake is still building pressure or not :nerd:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
in rider manual under USER MODE explanation it gives the following

this makes me think that using USER MODE instead of SLICK MODE will allow dashboard menu change for ABS OFF which is different than left grip long button press ABS OFF

good thing that the datalogger will show very clear if the rear brake is still building pressure or not :nerd:
Stock ecu:
"SLICK-mode:
Assistance with integral pressure build-up is reduced sooner than in the SPORT riding mode.
USER-mode:
ABS off
No assistance for integral pressure build-up when only the handbrake lever is pulled."

RCK-ecu-manuals does not mention integral-functionality; I guess there is no integral-functionality at all in RCK-ecu...?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
RCK3 manual:
ABS options:
"ABS series sport"
"ABS series race"
"ABS IDM slick"
"ABS IDM slick 2"

The ABS series sport setting is designed for maximum braking stability. Rear wheel lift assistant and deceleration limitation are active.
The ABS series race setting is designed for increased deceleration. Rear wheel lift assistant is deactivated while the deceleration limitation remains active.
The setting ABS IDM slick is designed for maximum deceleration. Rear wheel lift detection and deceleration limitation are no longer active and the ABS function on the rear wheel is no longer effective if the footbrake is operated. The rear wheel can lock up.
The setting ABS IDM slick 2 is designed for maximum deceleration. Rear wheel lift assistant is deactivated while the deceleration limitation remains active.The ABS function on the rear wheel is no longer effective if the footbrake is operated. The rear wheel can lock up.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
This is just pure guess/ I dont have ABS/ I dont have any experience about ABS settings.
Check ABS Mode for vehicle mode 4 in RCK settings.
It might be that only ABS-functionality is OFF, but all other brake functionality is still ON, and if you have "ABS series sport" setting selected for Mode 4, it might explain the combined braking.
There is no way to disable linked braking with stock ecu

I will install new lines from calipers to masters and rip out the internals of abs pump but leave wires plugged in to keep the in line connection for speedo, tc and rear wheel speed sensor

I will lose brake pressure data channel until I install extension box and brake pressor sensor, but still have Gps deceleration so I can use that in the meantime

·
Registered
61 Posts
you have integral brakes while using rck3? are you able to reduce pressure to rear via rck3? do you still have abs pump installed?
Yes, no, yes

To the second question, it's not possible to custom rear pressure but you can choose between 4 braking modes. In the upper one abs enters veeeeery late so you can brake very hard.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
To the second question, it's not possible to custom rear pressure but you can choose between 4 braking modes. In the upper one abs enters veeeeery late so you can brake very hard.
Sorry, I forgot to say that mine is 15-16. I had previously a 12 and it was imperative to suppress abs.
my 2015 brake issues are from the linked brakes and the inability to de-link them

does anyone know the process involved to install 2d brake pressure sensor and get it working with hp datalogger?

will the kit software be able to calculate % from the sensor voltage?

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
my 2015 brake issues are from the linked brakes and the inability to de-link them

does anyone know the process involved to install 2d brake pressure sensor and get it working with hp datalogger?

will the kit software be able to calculate % from the sensor voltage?
Just wondering why you think this is an issue unless the link is causing you to back it in when you don't want to? :laugh: Isn't the rear mostly in the air anyway? What is the data telling you that says it is slowing you down? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Just wondering why you think this is an issue unless the link is causing you to back it in when you don't want to? :laugh: Isn't the rear mostly in the air anyway? What is the data telling you that says it is slowing you down? :confused:
I think the rear wheel won’t stay in line because linked brakes lock the rear on heavy deceleration. I’m going to ride around it this round but before next one I’m bypassing the abs and installing 19rcs. Going to be backing it in, I’m already around 10% slip a lot

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
@smash adams
Could you plz explain what the f are you doing here?
You are on the brakes and at the same time you are flipping bike from side to side?
What are you thinking/ trying to do? WTF...? Why?
(turn 4-5 in the bmw datalogger sw)

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
@smash adams
Could you plz explain what the f are you doing here?
You are on the brakes and at the same time you are flipping bike from side to side?
What are you thinking/ trying to do? WTF...? Why?
(turn 4-5 in the bmw datalogger sw)

i am steering the bike to the right for the entry while leaned off to the left

this happens at 1:43-1:44

https://youtu.be/ZoZFF1X8bXA?t=1m40s

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Ok, so you are missing all the entrys and apexes for left, right, left and right, and that makes the data hard to read.
You are all over the place, and so is data too.
now i know why it is hard for me to get that apex in the right location, i am hard on the brakes...

i should work on my entry / steering points

i am too focused on my exit points

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
i do not yet know how elevation change should affect my controls

i think i should be off the brakes sooner up hill and on gas sooner downhill

however i think i am holding brakes longer uphill and waiting to get on gas until later

i think this sector is where i can find biggest improvement, because it is a combination of turns in addition to elevation changes

41 - 60 of 99 Posts