BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Canadian company, I believe out of Vancouver CANADA. The electrically adjustable rear-sets seem interesting, although i wonder how the sensors showing surroundings would work, or how intrusive they would be (ala Tesla, etc)?

Below is link to Canadian news story about them.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Unless they recently stole tony starks arc reactor there is no way this will do 200 miles. They can also dump the cameras that you'll never look at on a motorcycle and save the electricity for the bike to function as transport.

I'm all in favor of an electric bike. Just make an electric bike and get rid of all the vaperware bs like cameras and garbage to help you be distracted more.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'd have to fit some speakers and something that played a proper bike noise as the speed increased, maybe a V4.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
As one that loves the bark and decell pop on my S1R, I have just as much joy from the "silence" of my Zero. It has always been a thrill of mine to do long coasting w/engine off on my ICE bikes as well as bicycles, my record is 23 miles on Hwy 162 dropping down into Covelo 2 up on my KLR650. As it turns out most transmissions require active oil circulation and this is not advised. My point is I feel most of us have had the above "gliding in the wind" grin on our face and this is one awesome feature of EV bikes. Icing on the cake is super low maintenance, no fluids (on most) and cheap "fuel". Going down the road I have 4 moving parts, 2 of them are the wheels ignoring the shock and forks.

You can add sound makers (cards on the spokes) if you must but try to tap into the childhood grin again that comes from "flying"!

·
Registered
271 Posts

Another video on some if the tech features. Only about 3 minutes.

I think the adjustable riding position is interesting, although wonder how it would work after a crash (cost, etc). Also, interesting safety features discussed, including the blind spot detection on the windscreen and the rear camera stuff.

Still sceptical about the top speed and range claims—not they way a sportbike is ridden!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Another video on some if the tech features. Only about 3 minutes.

I think the adjustable riding position is interesting, although wonder how it would work after a crash (cost, etc). Also, interesting safety features discussed, including the blind spot detection on the windscreen and the rear camera stuff.

Still sceptical about the top speed and range claims—not they way a sportbike is ridden!
Yes. And their web page does nothing to clear it up. At least the Lightning web page lists specs, actual videos, production dates, etc. Their page almost seems like a kickstarter page - at best.

The Lightning also has a 200 mi range, but it’s quoted as city...140 mi range at 55 mph, 100 mile range at 70 mph. Great Scott, using that formula, I’d be able to ride to the end of the street and back just before running out of power lol.

They (Lightning) have a pretty cool vid about their 218 mph, model 218. And a gentleman is asked, how many top speed runs can you make before recharge? He laughs and says, well, we’re averaging 20 minutes before recharge...

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I'm just very doubtful. It's either a huge advance or plucking numbers. Like how is it's much more powerful with longer range than the average while being much lighter too.

200hp 200 miles and
Took some digging but apparently 200kg too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts