BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save time and money by doing your own chain swaps with this tool from the manufacturer of DID chains. A properly crimped rivet link on your motorcycle’s chain is critical for safety. DID’s KM500 chain tool is built to help you cut most chains to the proper length then set the connecting link plates in place at the correct depth and then rivet each pin perfectly.

These are not yet on our website. Call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 and he’ll send one of this tool to you fast. You can also email him, FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM is the address, just be sure to put DID KM500 in the subject line.

Includes a handy carrying case and excellent instructions.

The tool in action, pressing a plate.

Flaring a rivet.

·
Vendor
7,705 Posts
Thanks TJ for getting the DID tool out to me in time to finish the race bike for the coming weekend. Never had done a chain before this, and had fear of the unknown. This tool makes it darn near impossible to screw up. Worked AWESOME!

Love the ERV3 520 too!

Thanks again!!

·
Vendor
7,705 Posts
Thanks TJ for getting the DID tool out to me in time to finish the race bike for the coming weekend. Never had done a chain before this, and had fear of the unknown. This tool makes it darn near impossible to screw up. Worked AWESOME!

Love the ERV3 520 too!

Thanks again!!
Thought I'd bump this thread for those out there that are thinking of replacing their chain, upgrading to a 520 chain, or simply just not sure if they should tackle something like this.

With the right tools, jobs can be made VERY simple. I just picked up a new race bike for this season and needed to re-gear for our short track... so new sprockets and chain were in order. Used my chain tool again and just reminded me of the money "well spent" on this little guy. It truly makes breaking and re-riveting a chain a no brainer!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
This is by far the easiest chain tool I've ever used! :) Now I just wish I hadn't wasted my money on the others I've owned/own!

·
Vendor
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We felt exactly the same way. After breaking 5 of "another" brand we flipped to this and haven't had a single issue.

·
Registered
586 Posts
TJ,
Is this KM500 or KM501? What is the difference between the two models and could you PM me the price/availability?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts