BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Well the list is of the best tracks in the country not the most technical. Barber is much more technical than road America. Mid Ohio is only really technical because it is unrideable when wet and has terrible grip unless really hot and most of the track is a tire snake

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Interesting list. Not sure I'd call Indy "technical"....unless you're at 230+mph like the Indy cars of Mario Andretti's era! :)

But, from what I've SEEN (sadly, not experienced) I'd say Laguna is definately up there. Glad to see the big track at Willow as well. Doesn't LOOK like a technical track, but turns 2-7 are, and 8-9 separates the men from the boys!
That we can agree on. 0:)

·
4,646 Posts
Anyone knows how is Laguna in March? Planning on doing CSS levels 3/4 there.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
My wife was there 2 years ago in March for the 2 day and she had fairly mild weather. Sunny and mid-60's for both days.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
That maybe so but strangely never had any issue riding 9/10 on a trackday at Laguna or Miller Motorsport Park.

I do how ever have issues riding Sears Point. :)

Here is another perspective list of the most technical tracks in the US. I've been on 6 of the noted tracks and somewhat agree to their list.

See if you agree.

Click Here If you dare. LOL >:)
The list is purely car based but I love the fact that 4 of the tracks listed highly, I have access to. I've been avoiding T-Hill but now I have to ride there ASAP. I hate the new Sears Point only because I liked the old config so much. That was a man's man's track. The new config is for pussies and mandated by lawyers. FU Wes! Everything you contributed to the sport, you took away. Yes, some grudges never die! I love big Willow. Have only ridden the original Laguna. That will change this year. My Laguna legal DB killer is on order. :smile2:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Like a number of tracks, I would say that I found Laguna Seca technical in some areas and not in others. It took me awhile to feel sorted out on the stretch exiting one through entering three. There is more than one way through there, but some ways are definitely better than others. The surface in three is also degraded and a bit slick. I think that the cars tear it up pretty badly. It was a big help to be there with a school.

I didn't find the corkscrew too technical. It was mostly a blast. The track that I normally ride is pool table flat and getting a feeling of weightlessness was a new experience. We probably all think that whatever tracks we have trouble figuring out right away are technical. If we get lucky and find the right lines early they seem easy, even if they are not.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I did CSS this past November in Vegas. Living in Hawaii I never get to see the track so going and trying it out was epic. It was a great experience. The coaches and instructors really want to see you succeed. I had so much fun that I signed up for the 2 day camp this Feb, in Vegas again. CSS was the best investment I have ever made.
SO AWESOME TO HEAR!!!! I'll be in Vegas in Feb as well :) Counting down the days!! :grin2: See you there!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Anyone knows how is Laguna in March? Planning on doing CSS levels 3/4 there.
SWEET!!! Weather is unpredictable but I'd say the majority of time we have decent dry days. Bring layers because sometimes its WAY colder than in town. I may be at that school, not sure the schedule yet :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I had an absolute blast. What a track! The corkscrew did not disappoint. I did over 100 laps over the 2 days and I think I only blew it there 3 or 4 times. Rainy curve is a real hoot.
Turn 11 was a little tricky for me at first, as was turn 2.

Perfect weather after some morning haze each day.
Stellar instructors. (Met Misti) :wink2:
Good food. Well organized.

I will return next year for levels 3/4. :cool:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I had an absolute blast. What a track! The corkscrew did not disappoint. I did over 100 laps over the 2 days and I think I only blew it there 3 or 4 times. Rainy curve is a real hoot.
Turn 11 was a little tricky for me at first, as was turn 2.

Perfect weather after some morning haze each day.
Stellar instructors. (Met Misti) :wink2:
Good food. Well organized.

I will return next year for levels 3/4. :cool:
YAY!!!! So glad you had a great time!! Glad you came by to introduce yourself as well! Always nice to finally meet forum members in person.

The weather was SOOOOOO GOOOD!! you totally lucked out because it's often much colder there but man, what a good couple days. Turn 11 is still hard for me :surprise::grin2:

Hope to see you next year!! You will love how level 3 ties into what you learned in 1-2 and then level 4 is custom tailored to your needs. I'd love to hear a more thorough report on the school if you have some time!

YAY!!!

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
The whole experience was terrific. I learned a lot about the areas I was really needing help. The instructors all were very methodical in breaking down and showing my weaknesses, and finding ways to better explain what I needed to work on.

Dylan Code was our group's classroom instructor, and he kept things light, but on task. He has a special way of explaining how things work the way they do. Especially relating to vision and how the eye processes everything.
I really found myself wanting him to keep talking!

If someone leaves this class saying they didn't learn anything, they must've been asleep!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Dylan Code was our group's classroom instructor, and he kept things light, but on task. He has a special way of explaining how things work the way they do. Especially relating to vision and how the eye processes everything.

If someone leaves this class saying they didn't learn anything, they must've been asleep!
Sincere thanks for the props. Really glad you enjoyed the experience!

·
Registered
601 Posts
The whole experience was terrific. I learned a lot about the areas I was really needing help. The instructors all were very methodical in breaking down and showing my weaknesses, and finding ways to better explain what I needed to work on.

Dylan's the man!! :) Glad you enjoyed the entire experience :grin2: We always enjoy the experience too! It's one amazing and rewarding job. Woooohoooo

21 - 35 of 35 Posts