BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up this crashed bike from auction. 2015 s1000r. Ghis is my second one and i also own the s1000rr. Looks like the lower gear connecting the cam shaft and chain to the crankshaft slid forward when this bike crashed and ripped off the timing cover.
The timing cover was completely gpne abd all bolts sheared. So im hopeing the bike turned off before the two gears separated.

Plan of action:

Get the bmw timing tools
Pull the engine
Check the timing and pray this engine sint blown lol

Does anyone haveva set they want to sell? The timing tools are hard to find. Also wondering if they are the same set for the s1000rr and the s1000r. Any pointers will be greatpy appreciated as this will be my first time messing with timing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here youncan see the gears not together which in assuming happened ss the bike slid after the cover was ripped off. Already extracted the sheared bolts and the pin on the right which had a slight bend in the end of it.

Shes still a nice bike with a lot of oem bkw upgrades carbon fiber, rearsets, seat etc. Id like to save her amd this time im keeping it since i had a major regret after selling ny last one.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts