BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if COVID 19 will interfere with the Moto GP races this year...I hope not!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they have canceled, or are considering cancelling some of the F1 races. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with anything else in your life!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Chinese F1 GP has been postponed, and they are looking at their options.
Nothing has come out from MotoGP the only races it may affect is Montegi, Sepang or Indonesia. This is obviously depends on the how the spread develops and I'm sure the governing bodies would be monitoring this closely.

With no races in China and no major outbreaks outside of Chine I wouldn't expect any changes.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
This is either going to be a "tempest in a teapot", or a global economic and human catastrophe. Unfortunately, given the suspect nature of any news outlet these days, we may not know the truth until it knocks on our own door.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am a Critical Care Respiratory Therapist. So far nothing has shown up in Alberta. You hear varied opinions on the long term situation. The general consensus, so far, is that this will be like H1N1 in that it will probably not go away, and we will be vaccinated for it on a yearly basis. Various labs, around the world, are working 24/7 on the vaccine. The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet’s population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims. The 1918 flu was first observed in Europe, America and areas of Asia before spreading to almost every other part of the planet within a matter of months. This was at a time when global tourist travel was not possible. However, they did not have the expertise to even consider how to deal with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts