BMW S1000RR Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Graves Block Off Plates on 2012 S1000RR Bluefire

Installed the Graves Block Off Plates for my 2012 BMW S1000RR Bluefire.

After removing the tank cover and gas tank, we removed the airbox:

Another view:

After removing the Activated Charcoal Filter I was able to removed the Secondary Air Line:

After removal:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
That's awesome that you went the full monty and took off the airbox. I didn't want to mess with the injectors as much and managed to get the PAIR rail out without taking off the airbox through the top-front opening with the filter removed. It's probably a lot less risky to take the thing down, though.

How clean was your airbox? I run a Sprint high flow filter and noticed that the airbox had a fine layer of pollen in it. I wonder how much HP the S1000RR gains with pollen injection...
@benschaefer2003

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's awesome that you went the full monty and took off the airbox. I didn't want to mess with the injectors as much and managed to get the PAIR rail out without taking off the airbox through the top-front opening with the filter removed. It's probably a lot less risky to take the thing down, though.

How clean was your airbox? I run a Sprint high flow filter and noticed that the airbox had a fine layer of pollen in it. I wonder how much HP the S1000RR gains with pollen injection...
@benschaefer2003
There aren't any real good instructions out there for installing the block off plates, just says "remove fuel tank and airbox", so that's what we did. Wasn't too hard. My airbox wasn't too dirty, but as you can tell from the pics, a new BMC Race Air Filter is on the way.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts