BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
You can say that again!

These Chinook winds are crazy and really melt the snow. What part of CO are you in? Did you get affected by the Chinook two weeks ago? Middle of January and high of 64 here in Denver! I saw the foothills had a high wind warning of up to 80 mph, one of my friends had a tree blow down but no other damage.
Been moving around a bit as the job dictates. Currently, Lafayette, but I've lived along the Front Range from the Chatfield Reservoir area up to Ft. Collins. I first moved back (lived there as a kid in Gunbarrel from '75-'80) in early '03, and have seen some absurd weather changes in all that time. But, that's what makes it so fun, right? ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can say that again!

These Chinook winds are crazy and really melt the snow. What part of CO are you in? Did you get affected by the Chinook two weeks ago? Middle of January and high of 64 here in Denver! I saw the foothills had a high wind warning of up to 80 mph, one of my friends had a tree blow down but no other damage.
You can say that again!

Few years back I was headed on I-25 north towards Colorado Springs to pick up my bike and the wind was so strong that semi trucks and big trailers right in front of me where being blown over, extremely high wind gusts, for those of you that don’t know Rocky mountains run parallel along I-25 in Colorado and in some areas do a immediate drop off to create a valley for the wind to build speed and just go crazy. State patrol finally closed the highway, when it was all over and I continued on must have seen at least 20-30 overturned trucks and trailers, incredible sight and quite scary.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Few years back I was headed on I-25 north towards Colorado Springs to pick up my bike and the wind was so strong that semi trucks and big trailers right in front of me where being blown over, extremely high wind gusts, for those of you that don’t know Rocky mountains run parallel along I-25 in Colorado and in some areas do a immediate drop off to create a valley for the wind to build speed and just go crazy. State patrol finally closed the highway, when it was all over and I continued on must have seen at least 20-30 overturned trucks and trailers, incredible sight and quite scary.
dang, i never experienced winds like that out there, and i've been up and down I25 plenty of times. thought it was bad enough in FL feeling like someone picked up my bike and set it back down a couple inches over going behind semis.

Reactions: ZZZ
21 - 23 of 23 Posts