BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for s1000rr 2015 upwards to get bad to walk until it gets around 60°? I went to take mine today to wash it, and not to let it get too hot I go out with it with the engine at around 30°, it seems that the accelerator doesn't respond and the bike keeps punching, seeming to be failing... then when it gets close to 60° the bike is smooth. Before the 60°, mine doesn't even break out too, only after it reaches 60°. Sorry the English.

·
Vendor
3,760 Posts
pump fuel or injectors cleaning might be needed. BMW warns people not to putt around and create carbon deposits on valves and tops of pistons. Get out and ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wet plugs perhaps? I try not to shut anything off these days until it's fully warm.

On the other hand maybe I misunderstood what OP's up to.

·
Vendor
3,760 Posts
What about throwing a bottle of injector cleaner in it, Does anyone do that regularly?
I run fuel cleaner every other tank of fuel on all my bikes. backside of my valves are extremely clean even after 8000 miles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I run fuel cleaner every other tank of fuel on all my bikes. backside of my valves are extremely clean even after 8000 miles.
Yeah, I'll toss some in next time I'm out. With 100km/h the maximum legal speed here, and lots of radars, fixed and mobile, there is not much opportunity to go hard around where I live. I suppose I could just stay in second for a while but the cows and farmers wouldn't appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts