BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this issue, but without knowing what specifically the fix is I'm stumped. Also cant be without the bike for the time it would take to mail parts to the US and wait for their return.

I was at the dealers yesterday and asked a mech about it, he had no idea, said book it in, they'll pull the clutch cover and take a look.

Oil is good, Castrol Power 4T 5w40
Hey did you manage to figure out this issue?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hey did you manage to figure out this issue?
No. I got a replacement (used) clutch basket, fitted APE plates, probably the replacement basket had the same issue.

I think the only permanent fix would be to send the basket off to be fixed/replaced by BMW

·
Registered
10 Posts
No. I got a replacement (used) clutch basket, fitted APE plates, probably the replacement basket had the same issue.

I think the only permanent fix would be to send the basket off to be fixed/replaced by BMW
Hey can the GS-911 point out this issue?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hey can the GS-911 point out this issue?
No, it can only tell you about things it can detect from the electronics, there are no electronics inside the clutch - this is a physical fault with the clutch basket.

The only solutions seem to be:
1. pay heaps for a new one from BMW
2. source a used one and send it off to be modified (welded?) by Hays at that link I posted above ($300usd?)
3. buy a billet basket from Harris - you still need to send them an oem clutch basket as they need the gear off it. ($600 usd?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, it can only tell you about things it can detect from the electronics, there are no electronics inside the clutch - this is a physical fault with the clutch basket.

2. source a used one and send it off to be modified (welded?) by Harris at that link I posted above ($300usd?)
3. buy a billet basket from Harris - you still need to send them an oem clutch basket as they need the gear off it. ($600 usd?)
Thanks for the tip buddy

·
Registered
10 Posts

2. source a used one and send it off to be modified (welded?) by Harris at that link I posted above ($300usd?)
Thanks for the tip buddy

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
oops, its Hays, not Harris, and its $699usd for the billet basket.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts