BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening All,
I measured the distance from the ground to my clip-ons on each side, with my bike on stands, and found the right side to be about a 1/4" lower than the left. Has anyone else taken this measurement? If not, would you mind helping me out by taking the same measurement and letting me know if your result are similar? I have been told this is normal and would really like to test the theory. Thanks in advance for taking a moment to help me out!

Very respectfully,
Rob

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Good evening All,
I measured the distance from the ground to my clip-ons on each side, with my bike on stands, and found the right side to be about a 1/4" lower than the left. Has anyone else taken this measurement? If not, would you mind helping me out by taking the same measurement and letting me know if your result are similar? I have been told this is normal and would really like to test the theory. Thanks in advance for taking a moment to help me out!

Very respectfully,
Rob
Mine are precisely identical. However, if your front wheel isn't pointed exactly straight, your bars will be at different heights at the ends.

But this could be fodder for the "right veering" issue, if someone really wanted to take that subject into the Twilight Zone.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback, I have not experienced the veering issue at all...bike tracks straight as an arrow.

Mine are precisely identical. However, if your front wheel isn't pointed exactly straight, your bars will be at different heights at the ends.

But this could be fodder for the "right veering" issue, if someone really wanted to take that subject into the Twilight Zone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts