BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you’re doing trackdays or racing without tire warmers on your S1000RR, you’re losing out not only in the first few laps, but also on tire wear and ultimately – your wallet. Be it reduced tire life or a wrecked bike, you’re going to pay for it somehow. It is for these reasons that everyone in the RidersDiscount fortress has been using Chicken Hawk tire warmers since long before they got there; we have sets that are almost ten years old that still work.

So long as they’re not left plugged in when they’re off the bike too long and stored correctly, CHR warmers can be expected to last a long time. Consider this a small investment when compared to the life of service the warmers have proven to provide. We cannot overstate Dave & Co’s (the people at Chicken Hawk) outstanding customer service either; burns, ripped cords and other damage that sometimes occurs in our mishandling of the warmers has always been repaired at reasonable rates with no hassle and always in a time-conscious manner.

Lessons learned over time at the track have been implemented in the latest design tire warmers. For example, a set of Pro-Line warmers purchased three years ago don’t employ the exact same construction materials that the sets manufactured today have. This evolutionary production is done in the name of safety, reliability and performance.

Chicken Hawk motorcycle tire warmers are available in three styles for your specific needs. All models feature Nomex insulation, melt-proof liners, self-regulating temperature controllers, and high-quality construction throughout. All Chicken Hawk warmers are made in the USA.

These are not yet on our website, so you’ll have to call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 to get a set of these tire warmers shipped your way. You can also email him – FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with the subject line CHR WARMERS and be sure to include which model you’re interested in.

Standard Model comes preset to heat tires to 175˚F for simple plug-in operation. Indicator lights let you know when your tires have been fully heated. Included with the pair of warmers is a durable carrying bag.

Pole Position tire warmers have a user selectable three-temperature setting of 130˚F, 155˚F & 175˚F that is adjustable with the flip of a switch. With these it is possible to set temperature closer to the tire manufacturer’s recommendations and track conditions. Warmers come in a protective hard plastic carrying case.

·
Vendor
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Digital Pro-Line tire warmers give the user degree-perfect temperature control making it possible to take into account the bike’s needs as well as that of a particular tire brand. With individual controllers for both front and rear tires, the user can not only set tire temperature up to 212˚F but also monitor actual tire temperature as well. This kit includes front and rear tire warmers, two separate hard cases: one for the warmers, the other for temperature control units and also a Pit Bull digital controller stand so you can easily check tire temps from across the pit.

·
Vendor
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chicken Hawk makes the BEST tire warmers in the business!

From trackdays on up, you’ll find Chicken Hawk tire warmers to be a familiar site, silently conditioning a motorcycle’s tires for maximum performance before the rider heads out on track.

Some examples:

Team RidersDiscount.com - Season after season, we’re continually impressed with the durability and reliability of our Chicken Hawk tire warmers.

·
Vendor
7,705 Posts
Sent you a PM TJ...

BTW, for those trackday goers contemplating tire warmers, and maybe TJ mentioned this and I just didn't read through close enough :eek:... I think some will say "they aren't fast enough" or maybe "I just do a couple warmup laps". Truly, these things are your safety net to take away any doubt of "when" your tires are up to temperature or "if" they're gonna hold on lap #2 because the guy in front of you screwed up and now you're crapping yourself. You know you're good to go from the start of every session. It only takes once to learn the hard way that your tires weren't up to temp. And chances are, that one time will cost you more than a set of tire warmers would have.

Sorry about that TJ... anyway, sent you a PM.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I can vouch for how good these warmers are . I have been using the hawks for years and they are great! my set now (pole positions) is going on there 4 years and I just lost my mid temp setting on the rear my last race of this year (may just be the switch) so 3 full years on a heating element it outstanding!

Can you please send me a price on the Pole’s and a price on the Digital Pro-Line

·
Registered
586 Posts
TJ,
Please PM me the price for pole position...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sent you a PM TJ...

BTW, for those trackday goers contemplating tire warmers, and maybe TJ mentioned this and I just didn't read through close enough :eek:... I think some will say "they aren't fast enough" or maybe "I just do a couple warmup laps". Truly, these things are your safety net to take away any doubt of "when" your tires are up to temperature or "if" they're gonna hold on lap #2 because the guy in front of you screwed up and now you're crapping yourself. You know you're good to go from the start of every session. It only takes once to learn the hard way that your tires weren't up to temp. And chances are, that one time will cost you more than a set of tire warmers would have.

Sorry about that TJ... anyway, sent you a PM.
Yeah, tire warmers are nice, but I don't think they are absolutely necessary for track day riders. If you crash during the first lap or two you weren't paying attention to track day instructors. Your, brain, body, and brakes need warming up too in addition to the tires. Also, for people who are on tight budgets (I can pay for 2 track days for the typical price of the warmers) it can greatly reduce the number of track events I'm able to afford during the year.

·
Vendor
7,705 Posts
Yeah, tire warmers are nice, but I don't think they are absolutely necessary for track day riders. If you crash during the first lap or two you weren't paying attention to track day instructors. Your, brain, body, and brakes need warming up too in addition to the tires. Also, for people who are on tight budgets (I can pay for 2 track days for the typical price of the warmers) it can greatly reduce the number of track events I'm able to afford during the year.
Certainly can't argue much of your logic... although it still holds true that one time on the deck, especially on an S1000RR and you will have more than paid for some warmers. Guy at our track just learned the hard way, now buying warmers.

One could argue that if you crash on any lap, you weren't paying attention to the instructors. But not always is it you who is your worst enemy... many times it is someone else doing something stupid that ends up costing you.

But if you're on a tight budget, indeed you have to choose your places to spend money wisely and lets face it, there's not too much about trackdays or racing that is cheap, especially the latter.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Certainly can't argue much of your logic... although it still holds true that one time on the deck, especially on an S1000RR and you will have more than paid for some warmers. Guy at our track just learned the hard way, now buying warmers.

One could argue that if you crash on any lap, you weren't paying attention to the instructors. But not always is it you who is your worst enemy... many times it is someone else doing something stupid that ends up costing you.

But if you're on a tight budget, indeed you have to choose your places to spend money wisely and lets face it, there's not too much about trackdays or racing that is cheap, especially the latter.
Wish I did have the additional funds to get more involved. I would have a complete track day / race setup (dedicated enclosed trailer, pop-up canopy, tire warmers, dedicated track bike with DOT race tires, etc.) with money left over for at least 2 to 3 track days / rider schools per month during the summer. Damn, I need to win the lottery or something. :)

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I won't necessary disagree with you either. But this thread was started by a vendor that has a product for sale and as such I view this much differently then let's say a casual thread regarding tire warmers in general.

OP, can you let me/us know which warmers you would recommend for a person that does the occasional track day (2 to 5 per year)? As I'm not sure which one's would be best for someone like myself. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

Triple

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Vendor
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I won't necessary disagree with you either. But this thread was started by a vendor that has a product for sale and as such I view this much differently then let's say a casual thread regarding tire warmers in general.

OP, can you let me/us know which warmers you would recommend for a person that does the occasional track day (2 to 5 per year)? As I'm not sure which one's would be best for someone like myself. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!

Triple
That is a great question and I don't mind the discussion at all. There are a few things to look at when looking to purchase tires warmers. D has done a good job of explaining how they will help the first couple of laps out however there is another benefit of tire warmers that most people overlook. The ability to cut down on heat cycles and to also help reduce cold shred are two other benefits. The lower the number of heat cycles you put into the tire (keeping the tires at temp between sessions) will extend tire life. Also by having your tires fully up to temperature when you go out will help reduce the dreaded cold shred.

As far as inexpensive options take a look at either the single temp Suzuka warmers (made by and warranty covered by Chicken Hawk) or the single temp Chicken Hawks. I know D has been using the single temps this year with good success.

·
Registered
586 Posts
As far as inexpensive options take a look at either the single temp Suzuka warmers (made by and warranty covered by Chicken Hawk) or the single temp Chicken Hawks. I know D has been using the single temps this year with good success.
I am in the same boat, 3-5 track days per year and would like something more affordable. Two questions:
1. How is Suzuka different from CHR warmers? I know Suzuka is now owned by CHR, but whats the difference between the build quality, heating process, insulation and heating speed?
2. In what scenarios would a dual temp warmer be more suitable than a single temp warmer? I mostly do track days in New England, where the morning/afternoon temperatures are always between 50 and 90 deg.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts