·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Is 7 the solenoid?
No it is a chanal in to them. Så ypu need to block them off. se

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow there's a lot of stuff packed in there.

There is a fat tube connected to the bottom of the air box - maybe the crankcase breather. It's got what looks like a permanent clamp on it. Any tips on removing that so I can free the airbox completely?

I'm still confused about whether any of the tubes to the fuel tank need to run to my belly pan as either breathers or for overflow?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
looking at the parts diagram it looks like you need to join pipe '4' to pipe'12(this will discharge to ground) and then block the inlet to '6'(replacing pipe '5'), then remove parts 1,2,3 5.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
looking at the parts diagram it looks like you need to join pipe '4' to pipe'12(this will discharge to ground) and then block the inlet to '6'(replacing pipe '5'), then remove parts 1,2,3 5.
Sounds about right

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow there's a lot of stuff packed in there.

I'm still confused about whether any of the tubes to the fuel tank need to run to my belly pan as either breathers or for overflow?
I think so. Gen3 has also 2 tubes that run from tank down into belly pan.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks all.

Based on the parts diagram, I'll keep pipe 11 (I think that one runs from the tank to the belly pan), join 4 to 12 (I think that will then run from the tank to the belly pan), pull out everything else, and cap each place 7 enters the throttle bodies. I'll report if I catch on fire.

Anyone know about removing the tube at the bottom of the airbox? I guess I'll cut the OEM clamp and replace it with a stainless steel hose clamp for future removal.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The tube at the bottom of the airbox is the crankcase breather. The clamps holding it on will come off if twisted with a pair of pliers. If you do it carefully, you might be able to reuse the clamp. (I wasn't, and I'm not.)

Lots more room now that the canister stuff and secondary air stuff are out.

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
I think you are on the right path.

I removed the clamp on the crankcase hose also and replaced with a hose clamp. Be sure you use a nice thin version and it will work alot better in that diameter of that hose. Mine has a 1/4 inch socket size hex. The next size up usually has a 5/16 ( 8mm ) and this is too big.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks for that tip. The hose clamp I had lying around is 5/16. You saved me an extra trip to store!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good riddance to it!

What did you do with the wire harness connectors that are attached to the canister holder (where the canister was strapped in with the rubber strap)? I removed that holder. I guess I'll zip tie the harness connectors to something proximate.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Good riddance to it!

What did you do with the wire harness connectors that are attached to the canister holder (where the canister was strapped in with the rubber strap)? I removed that holder. I guess I'll zip tie the harness connectors to something proximate.
I removed it. There is a clip on frame that you can use to zip-tie all the wires to.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts