BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I removed mine already. No electronics on the canister itself. Just 2 rubber lines. These trace to fuel tank and a purge solenoid. Justs looks cleaner removed and drop a bit of weight on the left side.

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
Weight savings only.
I removed all of them off the 5 K67 I have worked on.

Look down while sitting on the bike into that hole area and it is really blocked with it sitting there on the frame. Now you can see the front wheel and caliper alot better. Just looks cleaner.

Weight only and visual enhancement.

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
Does anyone have a video of the process, or is the right way obvious as to where you put the hoses, etc.?
You just remove the left side panel.

The canister is secured to the frame with 2 torx screws.

For a while I just left the hoses hanging there. Then I removed the fuel tank I unplugged and removed them completely.

Reactions: Tom Bernhardt

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you remove the lines from the tank you should probably plug the right side, else anytime you overfill the gas will leak out.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you guys block off 2 hoses to the canister ?

One of the hoses goes into the pump right?

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
No .. nothing goes to the fuel pump.

One is on the fuel tank.

The other goes to the purge solenoid.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No .. nothing goes to the fuel pump.

One is on the fuel tank.

The other goes to the purge solenoid.
Sorry I meant purge solenoid, it has a little pump on left side too, right?

My q is, should I just disconnect 2 hoses from canister and leave them hanging, only blocking off the hose comes out of solenoid pump? (It looks like a pump, but I might be wrong)

·
Vendor
3,476 Posts
So is the tank vented through the fuel cap?
The K67 fuel cap assembly is the same as K46. There is a venting port and the lay over shut off is in the red part of the cap assembly.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Got it. So it's an easy removal. All this emissions crap.... I've had some commercial machines run rich because the charcoal can filled with fuel. Most of the time it was from a bad check valve in the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry I meant purge solenoid, it has a little pump on left side too, right?

My q is, should I just disconnect 2 hoses from canister and leave them hanging, only blocking off the hose comes out of solenoid pump? (It looks like a pump, but I might be wrong)
Anyone knows answer to this ?

·
Registered
635 Posts
So neither of the hoses attached to the top of the tank need to be reinstalled?

The parts diagram seems to indicate that one of them is a "fuel tank breather line".

·
Registered
131 Posts
So guys there is more to it then just removing the parts. you need to block the number 7 in pic so you dont let water or air in there.
Skärmavbild 2020-05-09 kl. 08.47.09.png

·
Registered
635 Posts
Have you removed it already?
I have the bike torn down to remove all the "extra" stuff including canister, secondary air, and flaps in the air intake. (And do stuff like brake pads, crash protection, radiator hoses, exhaust, rearsets, clipons etc.)

I'm still digging in and tracing lines, but haven't completely removed it yet.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts