BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
They went on easy. Great price. I think I prefer them to the Lightechs but that is purely subjective. Pretty much a coin toss. :) Thanks Mani!
My pleasure! They look great on the bike and thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The adjuster bolts came out great too.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I'm just providing some feedback on my experience purchasing from Motomillion and on the product.

I was impressed with Motomillion's service. I purchased over a weekend, received multiple notifications informing me of status and the product was shipped first business day. I received the adjusters a couple of days later. As I say, I was impressed, it was a positive experience, and I would buy from Motomillion again.

About the product: I think this is a very good product for it's price point. The quality seems good, with etched markers.

The adjusters were very easy to install: put bike on stand, a couple of wooden blocks under the wheel (to hold the wheel up in place), removed the axle and original adjusters. Cleaned the area. When installing the new adjusters I put a dollop of threadlock on the bolts that go into the swingarm mounting hole. Slotted the axle back in and adjusted the chain tension. The one thing worth noting, after getting the adjusters set, you then lock them in place. Underneath the rear end of the adjuster there is a jam nut and a hex screw at the end. Loosen the 10mm jam nut, and tighten the 3 mm hex screw so that it secures the adjusting portion. The hex screw just needs to be snuggly set (don't over tighten and strip it), the adjuster gets locked into place. Torqued the rear wheel axle nut. It's all very easy.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Now that I've had them a while, I definitely prefer them to the Lightech product. :smile2: Much cheaper. Same quality or better. Once satisfied with chain adjustment, allen screws lock down the position as well as a lock nut. The so called Lightech click mechanism is so-so at best. One of mine clicked after install, the other didn't. In either case, you need to use the alignment lines. The clicks make no difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
And even with that in mind its still difficult to find pictures of the product on an S1000RR or a website for the company. I'd like to see fitting videos and assembly shots too showing clearances to the axel etc. All this is available with the Lightech product. So forgive me if I'm skeptical of a product.

I just did a little bit of research and it appears there are noticable difference between these and the lightechs.

This is a post from a guy in the UK who has owned both.

I fitted the lightechs this morning and the main differences I found compared to the 4racing ones are:

- lightech adjuster mechanism clicks when turning, 4racing does not. This is not a big deal in itself.
- lightech adjuster does not require a grub screw and locking nut each side to maintain the adjusters in place. To adjust, only the axle nut needs to be loosened, rest by hand.
- the front bolt on the lightechs holds the adjusters correctly to the swing arm without a washer. The hole on the adjuster for the bolt is inverted so the thread mechanism is sheltered from dirt and debris, on the 4racing product the thread is exposed (which is also the case with the oe to be fair), and a washer is required.
- the RHS (brake side) lightech adjuster holds the rear axle perfectly between two flat contact points. The 4racing adjuster on that side only has one flat contact point, and the fit is about 2mm out, so the axle twists slightly upon tightening and is not completely flush with the flat area.
- the LHS lightech adjuster fits correctly at the axle spindle.

I am very happy with them so far, good quality, precision engineered product. They are more expensive than the 4racing adjusters but in my opinion, worth it.

I haven't used either so I can't comment myself. But this guys findings don't surprise me and I know if I do get adjusters what brand I'll be getting.
I have to agree with the above statement. The 4 racing dont fit percisely and leave a gap on the brake side just as the above statement discribed. Also mine had the axle nut being on the brake side. No biggie but not what I was expecting after watching 650ib video and theres being on the correct side and also there blue has a black adjustment blocks. Just my opinion I wouldnt buy the 4 racing again and stick with the lightech which I have on the Fj09 without any problems.

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have to agree with the above statement. The 4 racing dont fit percisely and leave a gap on the brake side just as the above statement discribed. Also mine had the axle nut being on the brake side. No biggie but not what I was expecting after watching 650ib video and theres being on the correct side and also there blue has a black adjustment blocks. Just my opinion I wouldnt buy the 4 racing again and stick with the lightech which I have on the Fj09 without any problems.
There is no correct way for the axle to go in from, left to right, right to left. I've had two S1000RR's were the axle nut was on the opposite side. You can always remove the adjuster blocks from one side of the chain adjuster and flip it to the other side if you really want the nut on a certain side.

Over the years we've fitted these chain adjusters to many S1000RR models with no issues. Furthermore there are BMW sponsored Superbike teams which run these on their race bikes, for example the BMW Petronas Motorrad Team. Just because a product is not known in the USA market doesn't make it an inferior product to those known here.

If you are having any issues contact us directly and we will be more than happy to help you out in any way we can, I am sure many forum members can attest to this statement as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dont get me wrong I do think it is a good product and will do what it is suppose to but the fit and finish is not up to par. A gap on the brake side and gaps on the lower back side where the chain adjuster meets the swing arm this should not be like this. As for motomillion, you guys are the best and this is no fault on your side, I will continue buying from you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dont get me wrong I do think it is a good product and will do what it is suppose to but the fit and finish is not up to par. A gap on the brake side and gaps on the lower back side where the chain adjuster meets the swing arm this should not be like this. As for motomillion, you guys are the best and this is no fault on your side, I will continue buying from you.
I had the exact same problem. I can't recommend anyone to buy the 4racing chain adjusters.

Motomillion was great to deal with tried to help problem solve, but I ended being out a decent amount of cash as these were ~$200 and are now sitting in a storage bin. I bought lighttechs and no problem.
I was extremely surprised to find the gap on the bolt and sliding adjuster. I didn't notice when I first installed them because it was going on a chain with ~7K miles on it. When I did the 520 conversion with a new chain, I noticed it immediately.

I wouldn't have any issue buying from Motomillion, just not 4racing products ever again.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts