BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
hey slow boy. what is your opinion on the differences btwn these and the lightechs. I've always wanted the lightechs and these look very similar. I think the lightechs are made in italy also , aren't they?

could you pm me a price

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hey slow boy. what is your opinion on the differences btwn these and the lightechs. I've always wanted the lightechs and these look very similar. I think the lightechs are made in italy also , aren't they?

could you pm me a price
Lightechs are also made in Italy. Quality wise 4Racing units will be up there with Lightechs, if not better. I have had these on my track bike for two years and they still look and function as new.

Be it the raw materials used, the precision of the machining and the anodized finish these scream pure top notch quality. As you can look up we don't carry anything that isn't top-of-the -line.

Sending you a PM right now.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
There have been numerous discussions in various forums comparing the two. Every time the conclusion is they are both excellent and comparable.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Pls PM a price to me as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will bite too.

Please PM me the group buy price with shipping to GA.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 M + Carbon Package
866 Posts

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just waiting to hear from them regarding the adjustment screw, there was a trade show regarding the motorcycle industry last week and most manufacturers were present there so had no response from them. We should have an answer tomorrow.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The new model adjusters have these adjustment nuts on them (as seen below).

There was some longevity concerns regarding the other type of nuts.

I will start contacting everyone tomorrow to start collecting payments.

Still not too late to join in. The group buy is a go as it stands.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Pitty you don't have any pics without the sliders. I've been burnt buying axel adjusters already (not this brand) as the diameter of the slider was significantly larger than the axel making them somewhat useless. I hope everyone buying these for what ever they are paying gets a good product.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Pitty you don't have any pics without the sliders. I've been burnt buying axel adjusters already (not this brand) as the diameter of the slider was significantly larger than the axel making them somewhat useless. I hope everyone buying these for what ever they are paying gets a good product.
4Racing Components isn't an over night company, they have been around for quiet a long time and the quality of these isn't in question. We've sold many of these over the 7 years that we've been in business, never had anything but positive from our customers.

We as a company do not carry anything that isn't of the highest quality.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
4Racing Components isn't an over night company, they have been around for quiet a long time and the quality of these isn't in question. We've sold many of these over the 7 years that we've been in business, never had anything but positive from our customers.

We as a company do not carry anything that isn't of the highest quality.
And even with that in mind its still difficult to find pictures of the product on an S1000RR or a website for the company. I'd like to see fitting videos and assembly shots too showing clearances to the axel etc. All this is available with the Lightech product. So forgive me if I'm skeptical of a product.

I just did a little bit of research and it appears there are noticable difference between these and the lightechs.

This is a post from a guy in the UK who has owned both.

I fitted the lightechs this morning and the main differences I found compared to the 4racing ones are:

- lightech adjuster mechanism clicks when turning, 4racing does not. This is not a big deal in itself.
- lightech adjuster does not require a grub screw and locking nut each side to maintain the adjusters in place. To adjust, only the axle nut needs to be loosened, rest by hand.
- the front bolt on the lightechs holds the adjusters correctly to the swing arm without a washer. The hole on the adjuster for the bolt is inverted so the thread mechanism is sheltered from dirt and debris, on the 4racing product the thread is exposed (which is also the case with the oe to be fair), and a washer is required.
- the RHS (brake side) lightech adjuster holds the rear axle perfectly between two flat contact points. The 4racing adjuster on that side only has one flat contact point, and the fit is about 2mm out, so the axle twists slightly upon tightening and is not completely flush with the flat area.
- the LHS lightech adjuster fits correctly at the axle spindle.

I am very happy with them so far, good quality, precision engineered product. They are more expensive than the 4racing adjusters but in my opinion, worth it.

I haven't used either so I can't comment myself. But this guys findings don't surprise me and I know if I do get adjusters what brand I'll be getting.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
You are free to do your own research and come to a conclusion yourself. I don't see anyone forcing you to join in on this group buy.

I can put up enough links to broken Lightech and Gilles adjusters in this thread but that isn't the point of this group buy, there is always a bad story with every product.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
I eagerly await people's feedback on the 4 racing product once they start fitting them. If it's positive I'll reconsider them.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Received mine yesterday. Mani, you underestimate the abuse USPS can inflict. Mine arrived unblemished, barely. Should have had an additional layer of bubble wrap. :wink2:

Quality seems better than Lightech. My Lightech adjusters clicked uninstalled. Failed to click installed under load when actually pushing.

4Racing Components chain adjusters? Big fail on installation instructions. Are you kidding me?

http://www.for-racing.com/img/Produ...endicatena/Istruzioni Tendicatena ITA-ENG.pdf

People would be better off using the Lightech instruction video posted by OPP.

Lightech recommends blue loctite during installation. 4racing doesn't provide any torque values for those that are semi-OCD or say anything about loctite. Personally I'd like a torque value for the locking allen. Nothing available so I'll go by feel.

I can't wait to install these tomorrow. I think they are better than the Lightech's on my HP4 but 4Racing should cater to everyone in the installation instructions. Torque values and bolts requiring loctite where applicable. :)

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Received mine yesterday. Mani, you underestimate the abuse USPS can inflict. Mine arrived unblemished, barely. Should have had an additional layer of bubble wrap. :wink2:

Quality seems better than Lightech. My Lightech adjusters clicked uninstalled. Failed to click installed under load when actually pushing.

4Racing Components chain adjusters? Big fail on installation instructions. Are you kidding me?

http://www.for-racing.com/img/Produ...endicatena/Istruzioni Tendicatena ITA-ENG.pdf

People would be better off using the Lightech instruction video posted by OPP.

Lightech recommends blue loctite during installation. 4racing doesn't provide any torque values for those that are semi-OCD or say anything about loctite. Personally I'd like a torque value for the locking allen. Nothing available so I'll go by feel.

I can't wait to install these tomorrow. I think they are better than the Lightech's on my HP4 but 4Racing should cater to everyone in the installation instructions. Torque values and bolts requiring loctite where applicable. :)
Thanks for the info. I will make sure to get them to update their instructions with more specific details in it for future.

Would love to see some pictures once you've installed them.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts