BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand turn-signal stalks.

Looked into flushmounts, but mirrors integrated with turn signals (and possibly modified for running lights as well) is really the most elegant solution. It's on the K1300S. Why not the S1000RR?? Probably cost, but in terms of ease of making a bike ready for the track (both the S1000RR and HP2 Sport are heavily touted as "easy to prep" as the rear plate holder quickly unbolts and "only one wire connection to unplug")...one usually removes mirrors as well, and integrated units save a step.

Looking around a bit, the best mirrors on a sport/sporty bike would have to be the K1200/1300S units. But amber lenses, eww.

But the Fireblade has very similar mirrors, adjusted exactly the same way, and have clear lenses, not to mention a shape that match a superbike.

Thinking about putting a set on. Mounting holes can be fudged, but I wonder if the upper cowling is rigid enough, and the mount angle of course - Honda mirrors are pretty horizontal to the ground at the mounting point, the BMW less so.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ve considered doing the CBR1KRR mirrors on my 2016 S1KRR as well. I’m going to take off a mirror than take it to the local Honda shop & fit a OEM Fireblade mirror to see how it fits & look to see if I’m ordering a set off of eBay & fitting it to mine, of course, the CBR turn signal mirrors. Going to measure the mirror mount holes & if they are close, guess who’s ordering a set of CBR1000RR mirrors ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts