BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a cardo FREECOM 4+ with my new bike 2020RR M) and when I got it “working” I went on a ride today and the music keeps cutting out. It will sometimes even simply stop playing music. I then go back through the menus to start again.

Has anyone else had this issue? I’m not sure if it’s the bike or FREECOM.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
What phone are you using? iPhone? Sounds like you may need the newer BMW software update based on this and the Nav issue you have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What phone are you using? iPhone? Sounds like you may need the newer BMW software update based on this and the Nav issue you have.
I came to the same conclusion. Thanks for the advice. I will let them know of the issue’s when it good in for the first service next week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I took my bike in for the first service they said they would check for any updates and that I didn’t need to add it to the work order since they would check for any updates anyways. When I picked up my bike, I asked them if there were any updates. They called the tech and he said there weren’t any updates available beside unlocking the ECU. I was pretty disappointed. They said to address the audio issue I would need a separate appointment.

I went the the dealer today to schedule the appointment to address the audio issue. The tech ran my vin number, gave me the results and it said basically, no updates needed. In this thread people have said there are updates available. They said since the BMW says the aren’t any “mandatory” updates, I would have to pay for any that are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer updated the bike. They said it did get an update that had 17 changes but didn’t list them. Weather wasn’t to good when I picked up the bike but today is a great day so I got out and tested it out. It seems to have fixed the issue. My only concern is that previously it has been a bit warmer outside. Today was absolutely perfect riding weather and I didn’t get any skips. I’m not sure if the heat is a factor causing the issue. I will update you guys when I find out more and what software version is in it now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a few rides it seems that it was not fixed. I’m not positive but heat seems to be a factor with this issue. Rides later in the day and at cruising speeds seem to be better than in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Dealer updated the bike. They said it did get an update that had 17 changes but didn’t list them. Weather wasn’t to good when I picked up the bike but today is a great day so I got out and tested it out. It seems to have fixed the issue. My only concern is that previously it has been a bit warmer outside. Today was absolutely perfect riding weather and I didn’t get any skips. I’m not sure if the heat is a factor causing the issue. I will update you guys when I find out more and what software version is in it now.

What SW version did they update you to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts