BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking for race glass for my '17 S1000RR. The most cost effective brands seem to be Pro Fiber, Carbonin Avio Fibre and Doctor Glass.

Has anyone used any of these brands before and can you recommend them or otherwise? Ideally want something I can use my sidestand and OEM seat with.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
Don't know anything about Carbonin or Doctor Glass but Pro Fiber has been used by a few friends of mine. Decent quality, good price, slow delivery (maybe they had to make them after order?) to North America. But they were happy enough that I think they would buy again from them.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I’ve been very happy with the MotoXP. Fully painted, fits well. They will let you change the decals etc. Worth a look, but not as good now that the Euro has bounced back against the greenback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm using the Carbonin.

Pluses - pre drilled and dzus installed, superbike seat options with an extended seat pan option (I'm tall and end up all the way back on the seat in a tuck), mounted straightforward, 3 piece upper (nose and left and right side fairings) for easier install/inspecting of the bike without having to remove the entire upper fairing.

Minuses - comes in white gel-coat not primered (so it'll be a bit more work to get painted). My paint is already chipping off the gel coat from rock impacts and flex cracks, so I've got to paint it again if I want it looking show room fresh.

Outside of it not coming prepainted with some intricate livery copy from (I'm assuming) China, the stuff is top quality. I'll probably strip it down and re-paint it in another year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. It doesn't seem as though you can use side stands with any of them so I might have to come to terms with this being the case... It's just a bit annoying when you're at the track alone and come in after a long session!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Thanks all. It doesn't seem as though you can use side stands with any of them so I might have to come to terms with this being the case... It's just a bit annoying when you're at the track alone and come in after a long session!!

MotoXP was the same, so I took a strip off the belly pan and fabricated a bracket from $20 of home depot aluminum and a DSUZ. Solid as a rock, doesn’t look horrible and side stand still installed (except when I race because rules insist it’s removed). I hate not having the side stand when I get back to the pits....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MotoXP was the same, so I took a strip off the belly pan and fabricated a bracket from $20 of home depot aluminum and a DSUZ. Solid as a rock, doesn’t look horrible and side stand still installed (except when I race because rules insist it’s removed). I hate not having the side stand when I get back to the pits....

Any chance of posting a photo of this mate?

·
Administrator
7,131 Posts
I've cut Armour Bodies for a sidestand, and I also did this to the Motoxp bellypan that's on my bike now. Just mount up the bellypan and cut off whatever is in the way. With the Motoxp parts I didn't need another bracket or anything. I'm sure whatever you choose can be modified to suit.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Don't know anything about Carbonin or Doctor Glass but Pro Fiber has been used by a few friends of mine. Decent quality, good price, slow delivery (maybe they had to make them after order?) to North America. But they were happy enough that I think they would buy again from them.
I think you are correct about Pro Fiber.
From what I remember that is the case, and I believe they're located in Turkey.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My Carbonin let me use my sidestand no problem. No fabrication needed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Big fan of Carbonin, but i did have to do a minor trim to clear my LH GB racing engine covers. Clears Kickstands no problem.
Dont have OEM exhaust, that *might* be another issue.

Adli

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the Carbonin and I can use the kickstand no problem. I have a full Akrapovic exhaust and I haven't had any clearance issues. I had them prepainted from the their factory and the colors are a spot on match. So far I have 3 races and 1 track day on them and I don't have any chipping whatsoever. Contact Mark (Hustle Hard Racing) at 208-571-0173 or Mani at Motomillion for more info. They even make a kit that allows you to keep your stock lights if you want to continue to ride on the street. I also still use the stock seat. I prefer it over the aftermarket seat. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Did you Carbonin guys go through hustlehardracing.com?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Big fan of Carbonin, but i did have to do a minor trim to clear my LH GB racing engine covers. Clears Kickstands no problem.
Dont have OEM exhaust, that *might* be another issue.

Adli
Just takes a minor trim to clear the pipe, probably a more drastic trim with the 17+ exhaust's secondary piping.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you Carbonin guys go through hustlehardracing.com?
+1. Awesome guys. Takes a few weeks, but worth it. Comes drilled and hardware installed. Worth it.

Email them if you have questions

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts