BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this past Saturday, I purchased my first BMW S1000RR, a used 2020 K67 model, it's been my dream bike ever since it was announced.

The bike did not come with the ride modes pro or the "race package", it's probably the reason why I was able to actually afford it. However, as my dream bike, I was hoping to have those modes and their adjustability. Does anyone know of a way that I could perhaps gain that functionality on the bike after it's original purchase? I called my local BMW parts department and they were very terse and told me that it is unlocked only from the factory during production and there is nothing I can do. I contacted BTmoto as their tune is on the bike and they don't believe they can do anything. Is there any way to gain that functionality on the bike? I am knew to BMW ownership, and I don't know if there is adjustability to the stock 4 modes, I couldn't find it in the settings, but then again I have only had the bike for 2 days and the previous owner didn't have the owners manual. I have googled the subject and haven't found any answers.

I am aware that it is not the most necessary option for the street but this bike is a reward to myself and I want to make sure this build is as close to my dream at the end of the day as I can. Any advice or thoughts, however theoretical, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
71 Posts
When ordering the bike, I was told the same (I.e. only when ordered from the factory can the upgraded software with rider pro modes be had). Interested to hear if you can upgrade it after purchase, or can this be unlocked with an aftermarket flash?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup just go back to the dealership and ask for it. It should be just a computer problem
It turns out you are right, however, the first dealership I called told me otherwise, it was the second one, a primary BMW dealership, that was able to do it.

·
Vendor
3,945 Posts
Ride Mode Pro is a FSC add on to the 'base' K67

I can add it to your bike and many other features.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ride Mode Pro is a FSC add on to the 'base' K67

I can add it to your bike and many other features.
Thank you so much!

I tried to message you earlier based on your previous post of being able to help someone with their ECU swap back a couple years ago. The forum said I was too new of a member to do it but I figured it out.

The main BMW dealership, a bit further than I had wanted, can do it, my local Broward motorsports I guess doesn't have the master mechanics with the proper computers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What dealerships? are we talking BMW NA or Euro? I have been trying to figure out if i can order a BASE model K67 for track duty only so that I can build it the way I'd like and not have the DDC mess that comes along with trying to remove that system for Ohlins or something of that nature. I DO WANT RIDE MODES PRO though. I am really interested to hear what dealerships are able to do this and if there is a map of dealerships that are capable? Finding out if this is true would make my week and allow me to put my order in for the bike!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my 2022 with M package but I chose forged wheels instead of carbon and no premium package, I didn't want the DDC either. But based on the configurator you need the premium for ride modes pro. I'm pretty happy with the build that I chose and my bike should be here any day now...

·
Registered
161 Posts
No definitive answer on this one? Would rather the factory/dealership add it for warranty purposes seeing as they could get picky if there ended up being electronics issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No definitive answer on this one? Would rather the factory/dealership add it for warranty purposes seeing as they could get picky if there ended up being electronics issues.
Yes, the definitive answer is that the dealer can add it if they have a BMW master technician. I had a dealership that sold BMW’s but didn’t have the tech and they told me they couldn’t and there was nothing I could do, but I called a BMW specific motorcycle dealership and they put it on me. I just had it added by the dealer, they also attach it to the VIN on the manufacturer’s logs. So it stays with you regardless of updates and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts