BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to flush my brakes and from what I have been reading you need a gs-911 tool. Anyone around the LA area willing to rent your to me. Called the stealership and they want way too much money for what it is. Made the mistake of taking it for a basic oil change and paid $175. Never again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
I will ship you mine for $100. Another member did this with me and it worked out. You are responsible for return shipping.

·
4,727 Posts
Just buy one, you will need it for service reminder resets and working on the bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I need to flush my brakes and from what I have been reading you need a gs-911 tool. Anyone around the LA area willing to rent your to me. Called the stealership and they want way too much money for what it is. Made the mistake of taking it for a basic oil change and paid $175. Never again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Why do you need one to flush your brakes?

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
As above. I have no idea why people are bothering to exercise the ABS pump to perform a simple bleed. Its excessive and simply not necessary unless you introduce air into the system.

·
Administrator
6,732 Posts
I've changed masters on 3 or 4 S1000s and never had to use the GS911, just a normal bleed like a "normal" bike. But if your goal is to replace ALL the fluid in the lines, then yes you need it.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Hello All,
Best place (Best Price) to buy the GS-911 tool?

Cheers,
Nak

1 - 13 of 13 Posts