BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
We approached BMW UK and they already sponsor a trackday organization in the UK so that box is checked for them. Ducati is an energetic partner in the UK.
cool. yes, i've seen the EU racing school that uses them. I'm sure the ducs are a ton of fun too.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
oh no chit? i looked up schools in Germany once, so thought that school in my IG was a result of that search. guess not. i sit on the couch corrected.
To be fair they do events here and there, but mainly spain due to the weather. I think their phoney office is in netherlands

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Does the racing school in Europe rent the track all to themselves or piggyback on a trackday organization?
I've never been with them, but from what I saw on YouTube and by just looking on the dates - they rent tracks for themselves.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes Focused Events. From what I know they are a trackday company, that also does some training? I hear they are pretty big and have a lot of dates around Europe.
I'm very surprised that BMW sponsoring them - I guess Kevin (who runs FE) has good connections in BMW UK. They do bring few BMWs to their UK trackdays but not so many to European. No idea what kind of advertisement does BMW UK get out of them. Its nowhere near the scale of CSS.

Regarding training - they've had a contract with Steve Brogan for last 1.5 who is offering private tuition - thats as max as they do.

Regarding their size - they are tiny in the UK, only really doing quiet days at Donny. As for Europe, I wouldn't call them big, they are second organizer by number of events after No Limits.
FE's main advantage is that they have a garage at Almeria where they offer storage services and naturally offer many track-days.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
One of these days I'd like to do the Racing School Europe if I can get away from the USA during Europe's riding season, which is busy for us. Like Mugello or Brno.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Might be a casualty of the general decline in motorcycling. Bike sales have been declining for a while. Millennials appear to prefer the relative safety of video games.

I don't agree that US CSS prices are high. In fact, I'm surprised they can provide such top notch instruction on top notch equipment at the price they do. I didn't realize how totally spoiled I was by the CSS experience until I just did a RideSmart track day at COTA on my own RR. While it was a third of the CSS price, I had less than half the track time, and that was continually interrupted by red flags and so I was on cold tires most of the time. I was using my own bike, tires, brakes, gear, trailer, etc. I got approximately zero instruction and even had to pay for a crappy lunch. The experience is worlds apart.
Tom you need to come out to a Nate Kern Track day, Or a DoubleR fest event.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No, to ride those tracks on a familiar bike with an organization that is also affiliated with BMW.
I don't know much about you mate, but if what I know is true, surely you can afford some reasonable $$ to ship a race prepped BMW to EU, store it with FE or the likes in Italy/Spain and then ask them to transport it all over the place to try out the tracks.

The issue with RSE - they pricing is out of line with the market mainly because they sell tuition. If your goal is to just try out the tracks, the likes of Gully Racing, Bike Promotions, Rehm Racing, Promo Racing offer lots of track days for reasonable $$.

Rehm Racing are great, I used them for 3 events: Misano, Red Bull and Mugello. I just dumped my bike at them and they took care of it and transported all over for reasonable moneys. They are the largest Italian track-day organizer by the looks of it as well.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I don't know much about you mate, but if what I know is true, surely you can afford some reasonable $$ to ship a race prepped BMW to EU, store it with FE or the likes in Italy/Spain and then ask them to transport it all over the place to try out the tracks.
Not even close. You got me mixed up with someone with upper-class income. I qualify as a middle class earner. If you want to make good money don't get into motorcycle training!

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Not even close. You got me mixed up with someone with upper-class income. I qualify as a middle class earner. If you want to make good money don't get into motorcycle training!
maybe so, but when i had my shop building choppers after losing my job and the divorce in the same week, i lived in a ghetto getting by on a 99 cent ravioli cup/day and was the happiest i've ever been spending my days building bikes like that.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts