BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Their prices here in the US are very high... must have been higher in the UK. Must be a way to check and compare.
Might be a casualty of the general decline in motorcycling. Bike sales have been declining for a while. Millennials appear to prefer the relative safety of video games.

I don't agree that US CSS prices are high. In fact, I'm surprised they can provide such top notch instruction on top notch equipment at the price they do. I didn't realize how totally spoiled I was by the CSS experience until I just did a RideSmart track day at COTA on my own RR. While it was a third of the CSS price, I had less than half the track time, and that was continually interrupted by red flags and so I was on cold tires most of the time. I was using my own bike, tires, brakes, gear, trailer, etc. I got approximately zero instruction and even had to pay for a crappy lunch. The experience is worlds apart.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Flyrider got it right (as usual?) a few posts up- the release CSS UK put out specifically cited Brexit and a weak economy for causing the drop in attendance. And unlike CSS in the states, the UK franchise has a lot more competition from outfits in Europe operating from GP tracks, can't escape poor riding weather, and (spitballing a bit) I'd wager their Ducati fleet generated a larger upkeep bill than one for BMWs.

A+ casting blame on millennials, always good for a laugh :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Flyrider got it right (as usual?) a few posts up- the release CSS UK put out specifically cited Brexit and a weak economy for causing the drop in attendance. And unlike CSS in the states, the UK franchise has a lot more competition from outfits in Europe operating from GP tracks, can't escape poor riding weather, and (spitballing a bit) I'd wager their Ducati fleet generated a larger upkeep bill than one for BMWs.

A+ casting blame on millennials, always good for a laugh :D
Track days/classes in the rain suck; a miserable waste.

Britain clearly loses out on the weather. Even when choosing a CSS venue in the US, I look to the desert tracks (Vegas, Willow Springs) first for this reason.

I just booked a trip with buddies through the Pyrenees (Edelweiss Pyrenees Extreme) in June and the main reason for switching from the Alps Extreme tour (Dolomites) was (likely) weather.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Track days/classes in the rain suck; a miserable waste.

Britain clearly loses out on the weather. Even when choosing a CSS venue in the US, I look to the desert tracks (Vegas, Willow Springs) first for this reason.

I just booked a trip with buddies through the Pyrenees (Edelweiss Pyrenees Extreme) in June and the main reason for switching from the Alps Extreme tour (Dolomites) was (likely) weather.
Dolomites/South Tyrol weather can often be bad indeed. Altho amazing scenery if the weather is right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts