BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you have not gone to this school, you're missing out. Fantastic. They go to tracks all around the country so no excuse that it is too far away. And, a good way to see many tracks if you want to do that. Use their bike much easier, their tires, fuel and bike if you happen to crash. Seldom happens so no worries.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like many who frequent this site, I've been riding a long time. Always on sport(ing) motorcycles, mostly at a quick pace and, until 5 years ago, exclusively on the street. 5 years ago I started riding with a new group of quick street riders and we decided to go to CSS. That was the best thing I've ever done for my riding. As @beech mentioned, if you are unfortunate enough to crash during one of their sessions, it's much less expensive than using your own (street) bike but that's not the 1/2 of it.

I included pix of the coaches and support staff in the video because it's the people at CSS that make all the difference. I believe track time is one thing, but without someone to point out your mistakes and provide constructive guidance, all you're going to do is repeat bad habits. Until they catch up with you.

I can't overstate the positive influence CSS has made on my riding. Each visit teaches me something new. Do I apply all the lessons all the time? No. But I'm MUCH more conscious of what I do and how it affects the motorcycle and as result, I'm a smoother, faster, safer rider.

For me, the expense is a bargain.

·
4,644 Posts
As a repeat offender to level four CSS. I have seen major improvements. Having done other riding schools, CSS is one of my favorite given I get the right coach.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The two or three day sessions can look overwhelmingly expensive. If this is the case for you do the one day session for sections 1 & 2. You still will learn more than your head can absorb. The day is broken down into 6 sub sessions, 20 minutes of class room, 20 minutes of track time and 20 minute break. Every 3 people get a coach that follows you around and works with you on the track and for a few minutes after the session. It is all positive, no negative coaching. I was the second oldest old fart there at 70. I wish I had done it 20 years ago. We started about 0700 hrs. and ended at almost 1800 hrs.. They finally opened the track in Shelton not unreasonably far from me so I had no excuses. If you do have to ride more than an hour or so to get to your chosen track get a motel for the night before and after. You have to get to the track early and the day is long and tiring for a long drive home. If your in your car it would be different maybe. Go to their web site, find a track near you and sign up before February, slots go fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! Superbike School is some of the best money I've ever spent. On another note, I was on bike #24 this April at Laguna Seca! Sorry if there was a skid mark on the seat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts