BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of buying my first HP4 2016 S1000RR. Looking at the pictures, they dont seem to match up with any models. If this a replica or nah?

·
Administrator
7,717 Posts
The HP4 was built from 2012 - 2014. 2015 the new gen 3 RR was built. This is not a HP4. It its a 2016 S1000RR with forged wheels. Those are just hp4 stickers.

Aside from the looks. The 2016 RR is much improved over the HP4 with cruise control, shift assist pro (up and down) and improved DDC. Also customizable riding modes.

This is a HP4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Great bike with 3k miles and going for 13.5k guy should of came forward. Saved me an embarrassing conversation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If he tried to pass that off as an hp4 I wouldn’t trust a word out of his mouth. Run away.
Totally agree. Super sketch! Unfortunately, I've seen this more and more frequently. It's not hard to say - s1000rr (with hp4 add ons) and be honest with your sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totally agree. Super sketch! Unfortunately, I've seen this more and more frequently. It's not hard to say - s1000rr (with hp4 add ons) and be honest with your sale.
This is the third time I've came across this similar deal from Floriday guys. I sold my bike last week and the first guy couldn't find the title. Took a massive L. Lesson learned. Its all a scam. Going to the dealership

·
Vendor
3,626 Posts
PM me the VIN and I can tell you exactly the build on it and production date.

its a 2015/16 Motorsports with HP4 stickers on it basically.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM me the VIN and I can tell you exactly the build on it and production date.

its a 2015/16 Motorsports with HP4 stickers on it basically.
Thank but un ffg fortunately the guy is now going out of "town" and we don't be back until next week. I tried to get it too. Yea it's a scam. I even spoke with the guy on the phone. Smh.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ve heard that too. Always have to be careful.
I went ahead the other day and picked up a GSXR1000R. Stripped it complete..just got the pentagon full exhaust. Now waiting on my ecu and fairings. Long way to go but hey we all back riding!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went ahead the other day and picked up a GSXR1000R. Stripped it complete..just got the pentagon full exhaust. Now waiting on my ecu and fairings. Long way to go but hey we all back riding!
That’s nice. Sounds like a good buy. I’m trying to get my hands on a new s1000rr but hard to get bc of the stop sale

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went back with what I know and have experience with. Thought I'd hop of the porch and see what all the talking was about. Still a kool bike and will get one later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts