BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am almost exclusively a street rider, and I bought a pair of S22 based on my past experience with S20 and S21. But I am thinking of getting an RS10 for the front for my upcoming track day; after I chew it, I will put the S22 front and this way hopefully the two fronts will last as long as the rear.

I ride with the slower half of the intermediate group.

Questions to the community:

(1) Is the RS10/S22 a good combo?

(2) At Dennis Kirk, I see they have three different variations of the RS10:
  • 120/70-17 58
  • 120/70-17 58-G Spec
  • 120/70-17 H

The last being a few more dollars than the first two. Should I go with the H spec? Or (3) Motomummy has RS11 for $20 more than the H-spec RS10. Is the RS11 noticeably better than the RS10?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Hi there. I have been exclusively Bridgestone since ive owned mine. Trackdays since 2018. Fast intermediate. Ive had the s21 then bought my first Rs10 tires in 2018, when my pace seemed too much for the s21 tires. Tried them as a set t also tried the Rs10 front with an s21 rear. Also just bought the RS11 tires, which will be on towards end of summer. Also have some s22 tires waiting for when the current sets and track season runs out.

1. The combo can be used and would be decent considering your pace(slow int?). Your logic makes sense regarding combos. Problem for me was i could feel my front RS10 tires grinding (gripping) and the rear felt touch loose. Minor though.

2. The specs rep different bike manufacturers
(Think g spec is yamaha r1). I wouldnt worry about it. Just get the cheaper set. I dont think there is any actual difference aside from maybe slightly more tread depth, if that.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the S22 rear and RS11 front. I did a short ride to get a feel and scrub the tires a bit. I love the feel. Ride quality is excellent, steering is very neutral, and adherence to the asphalt is great. Tested with 32f 34r.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts