BMW S1000RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends, so I have a stage 2 brentune on my 22 s1kr. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for a software update and per brentunes instructions I go to flash the ecu back to stock. I get a communication and attempt recovery however I get the same error after numerous tries. Bike is plugged in on a tender and has 12.8 volts. Now... my bike won't start, the dash turns on, but no priming of the fuel pump and the gear indicator is blank. Has anyone experienced this that can offer some kind of resolution? Brentune won't answer the phone and they just told me via email go retry the recovery process.
@btmoto

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts
Just to let you know >BTMOTO< is not BrenTune on this forum. That is someone that has not logged in, well, in quite some time ago.

Good luck on your issue.

·
Registered
2021 bmw s1000 rr
6 Posts
Sorry to hear. Im glad i dont have that detune 2nd 3rd gear issues any more. My tuner reflash the correct way. I dont need to reflash before i take to dealership. Have 1400 miles on the bike now. Never had a check engine come on either. Good luck. Hope all goes well.

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts
You guys that go to a dealer with a flashed ECU have no clue what is happening in the background of ISTA "updating" session. There is a checksum in the maps file for every OSID. That checksum is now being released to the EPA for diagnostics purposes in testing for mod'ed ECU work. That is how static that checksum is. So during a programming session a piece of your ECU map code is saved on the dealer diagnostic hard drive. IF, you blow an engine under warranty that file can be found by BMW Motorrad and checked for the CheckSum value you had when you went to the dealer. That is the reason you never allow a dealer to attach to your ECU port with a flashed ECU. Sure the dealer would never know it is flashed, but later BMW Motorrad can find it.

This is the reason my process is completely undetectable by BMW Motorrad based on it does no increment of the ECU programming and the CheckSum is EXACT what it was from the factory and the day you brought it from the dealer.

California is involved with this issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys that go to a dealer with a flashed ECU have no clue what is happening in the background of ISTA "updating" session. There is a checksum in the maps file for every OSID. That checksum is now being released to the EPA for diagnostics purposes in testing for mod'ed ECU work. That is how static that checksum is. So during a programming session a piece of your ECU map code is saved on the dealer diagnostic hard drive. IF, you blow an engine under warranty that file can be found by BMW Motorrad and checked for the CheckSum value you had when you went to the dealer. That is the reason you never allow a dealer to attach to your ECU port with a flashed ECU. Sure the dealer would never know it is flashed, but later BMW Motorrad can find it.

This is the reason my process is completely undetectable by BMW Motorrad based on it does no increment of the ECU programming and the CheckSum is EXACT what it was from the factory and the day you brought it from the dealer.

California is involved with this issue.

Can you share your thoughts on "EXWERKS Flash Tuning Programming" vs BrenTuning? I'm not 100% satisfied with my BrenTuning and have had some issues just working with BrenTuning on solving them. Kinda pissed off based on the amount of money I've spent on the flashing of the ECU. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

·
Registered
2021 bmw s1000 rr
6 Posts
Can you share your thoughts on "EXWERKS Flash Tuning Programming" vs BrenTuning? I'm not 100% satisfied with my BrenTuning and have had some issues just working with BrenTuning on solving them. Kinda pissed off based on the amount of money I've spent on the flashing of the ECU. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
What issues are u having?

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts

I have posted many proof of work on this forum

• Wow
Reactions: Chello
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.