BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal after you flash back to stock for it to stall on a cold start and idle not so great for a minute or so? It did smooth out but also threw a “fault in engine control code0 at start up.
I bought it with the flash so no clue how the stock ecu idles, I remember reading a lot of cold start idle issues.
Taking it in for all the recalls….

· Registered
806 Posts
Is it normal after you flash back to stock for it to stall on a cold start and idle not so great for a minute or so? It did smooth out but also threw a “fault in engine control code0 at start up.
I bought it with the flash so no clue how the stock ecu idles, I remember reading a lot of cold start idle issues.
Taking it in for all the recalls….
Yes stock mapping isn’t great. It has improved some with updated software but since yours is flashed it probably has old software and hadn’t been updated. Mine had original software for 2 years because of my flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to have a GS911 for this bike
I do have one sitting on the shelf. I never used it and I didn't have a lot of time last night to mess with it by the time I got the original flash back on it. Although I'm sure its straight forward, but the software probably needs updated etc. I might check it out before I take it to the shop. My plan was to do my own oil changes which was the main reason I got the GS911. Since I'm taking it in for service tomorrow, I'm just having them change the oil this time while they are doing everything else.
I haven't had any issues with it at all (give me some wood to knock on). Still has the original calipers on it and they don't leak. No weep hole leakage. But I also only rode it 1 time last summer (and it was a short ride) because we were moving and with work/kids I just had no time. Last time I REALLY rode it was a trackday.
I like to know what I'm dealing with BEFORE going in for service, most of these service guys just rush thru stuff. The guy I booked the service call with never even heard of the weep hole leaking!!! Which seems to be fairly common on here.

· Registered
1,544 Posts
The GS911 will tell you what the code is. Also when flashing tons of faults show up and the GS911 will allow you to just clear them all out. I do that after flashing before taking it to the dealer. They will upgrade the software and then you will have to reach out to Brentune and then pay $150 to get new file tune.
My Hayes calipers never leaked either but I brought it in for the Nissan updated caliper recall and the tensioner recall, 2 recalls at once.
Took almost a month for them to get all the recall parts, then I brought it in when they got parts.
If I had a dollar for everytime a dealer told me they havent heard of a known issue (like the Weeping hole) Id be ok.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I'm doing both recalls at once also. And oil change and new tires while its there.
I was expecting it to be almost a month, that is why I'm doing it now during the winter here. Although the service guy said its been about 7-10 days to get the calipers.
Back to the GS911, can you choose which codes to delete or is it an all or nothing? Sounds like a good idea to clear them out.

· Vendor
5,239 Posts
Yes, I'm doing both recalls at once also. And oil change and new tires while its there.
I was expecting it to be almost a month, that is why I'm doing it now during the winter here. Although the service guy said its been about 7-10 days to get the calipers.
Back to the GS911, can you choose which codes to delete or is it an all or nothing? Sounds like a good idea to clear them out.
Its a clear all codes, or you can clear codes by the module on 2204 version. So if for some reason you wanted to only clear codes on KOMBI, you can..

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fault in engine control code was for the open flapper
Everything else seemed normal. I cleared all.
One question is should the bike be running when you do the diagnostic? I noticed the ABS and Tire Pressure kept coming up because I didn't start it.

· Vendor
5,239 Posts
Typically during read and clear codes the bike should not be running as it is required to key off and on to clear codes.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So as I was leaving the dealer on Saturday, not even 20 minutes down the road, the service guy calls me and says ...."your bike is popping and spuddering, is this normal or....?" LOL....so I just came clean and said I had a tune and flashed it back to stock for the service and it runs fine with the flash. Not much else I could say. Had to explain the flappers were deleted because of the code and I also told him it would smooth out once it warmed up.
They seemed to be cool with everything. I guess I'll find out if something bad happens in the next 9 months.
They wouldn't safety wire my new caliper bolts though :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts